1.    05 Dec 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 222
    Windows 10 Pro

    o&o vs piriform


    Who makes the better desktop solutions overall? I'm thinking of getting a suite of software as a xmas gift to someone, from one of these two. Question is, they make pretty similar software from the looks of it, but who's performs better?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,612
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by vgchat View Post
    Who makes the better desktop solutions overall? I'm thinking of getting a suite of software as a xmas gift to someone, from one of these two. Question is, they make pretty similar software from the looks of it, but who's performs better?
    Between the 2 options given, I would say Piriform. I don't personally trust O&O.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Standish, Lancashire
    Posts : 5,906
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    I don't personally trust O&O.
    It's not just me then
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    05 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,612
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    It's not just me then
    My personal impression of O&O is a "malware injector".
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    05 Dec 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 222
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    My personal impression of O&O is a "malware injector".
    Now, is that just trash talk or is there some truth to it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    05 Dec 2015 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,612
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by vgchat View Post
    Now, is that just trash talk or is there some truth to it?
    Are you asking for opinion or starting an argument? I answered your question based on personal experience with O&O DiskImage software. That's all I can say. Cheers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    05 Dec 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 222
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Are you asking for opinion or starting an argument? I answered your question based on personal experience with O&O DiskImage software. That's all I can say. Cheers!
    I'm asking as an opinion since it seems to rate highly & classifying it as malware? I've read in other sites that it tries to install other o&o trial programs but I'm just curious if you called it malware out of spite or if there are actual cases of computers becoming infected with an actual virus due to o&o products.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    05 Dec 2015 #8
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,612
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by vgchat View Post
    I'm asking as an opinion since it seems to rate highly & classifying it as malware? I've read in other sites that it tries to install other o&o trial programs but I'm just curious if you called it malware out of spite or if there are actual cases of computers becoming infected with an actual virus due to o&o products.
    Well, I apologize for being harsh in using the word "malware", but a program that installs programs in your computer without the approval of the PC owner is something that I consider to be a real bad software. I am not sure if it is indeed a virus but I can tell you that it slowed down my PC and I can't shut it down without doing a hard reset after installing the DiskImage software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    05 Dec 2015 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,913
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    a program that installs programs in your computer without the approval of the PC owner is something that I consider to be a real bad software
    Based upon that, which I agree with, I'd consider AVG with its ZEN add-on and McAfee with its free 'Internet Security' [that I've seen come with a lot of new computers] as the same. Both of those add-ons may work fine but AVG gives no option to not install ZEN, have to go to Programs and Features later on to do remove it, not a big problem as it just takes some time and usually a reboot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums