Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    01 Dec 2015 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,191
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Thank you.
    I am well aware of the in-place upgrade/repair install option which I had done personally and advised to others many times.
    The point I tried to make is ........
    those options ( Reset or In-place upgrade ) are not something everyone is looking forward to.

    Let's concentrate on helping the OP and not turn this into a discussion session.
    This method does NOT remove any programs or personal files, just replaces the OS, which if the user can't repair his existing OS this method should repair their OS.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    01 Dec 2015 #12
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,779
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    This method does NOT remove any programs or personal files, just replaces the OS, which if the user can't repair his existing OS this method should repair their OS.
    I am not referring to programs and personal files being removed.
    I am saying reinstall, be it Reset or in-place upgrade, is not something everyone is looking forward to.
    I also said "Reset would be one of the last options, in my opinion." I have not rejected anything, certainly not in-place upgrade. Did I ?

    Can we stop this discussion now ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    01 Dec 2015 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,191
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    EVERYONE can have a different opinion, I see no reason for your hostility at all sir!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    01 Dec 2015 #14
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,779
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    EVERYONE can have a different opinion, I see no reason for your hostility at all sir!
    If I sound hostile, I apologize.

    All I want to do is to help the OP and not get involved with discussion.
    The reason I replied to you is not because I was hostile to your opinion. It was because you replied to me.
    If you replied directly to the OP, I would not have said anything at all.
    Yes. You are absolutely right. You are entitled to your opinion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Dec 2015 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,191
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    If I sound hostile, I apologize.
    Ok my mistake, I understand now.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    All I want to do is to help the OP and not get involved with discussion.
    The reason I replied to you is not because I was hostile to your opinion. It was because you replied to me.
    If you replied directly to the OP, I would not have said anything at all.
    Yes. You are absolutely right. You are entitled to your opinion.
    Yes I understand your point, only thing is discussion about user problems is a good way for the user to see different idea's from everyone. I think we ALL want to try and help when we can, which is a good thing.
    Peace......out.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    01 Dec 2015 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,779
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Ok my mistake, I understand now.



    Yes I understand your point, only thing is discussion about user problems is a good way for the user to see different idea's from everyone. I think we ALL want to try and help when we can, which is a good thing.
    Peace......out.
    There is no enmity in my part. All is good.
    The danger of "discussion" is that it can easily go off-topic before we know it.
    The OP needs help urgently, may not have time to appreciate difference of opinions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Get windows 10 key off of corrupted hard drive?
OK, so I've been in some deep crap with my computer lately. I just built a new system over the summer andg ot windows 10 on it by installing windows 7 (because I had an unused product key for it) then upgrading to windows 10. It worked perfectly for...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Windows 10 - Flash.ocx Install corrupted
Seems my Flash installation on Widnwos 10. Build 10547 x64 it's corrupted.... I cannot play flash contents into Edge or IE 11 right now... I've downloaded Update for Flash Player on Windows 10 (x64) (KB3087040) But i cannot install it...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows.UI.Logon.pri corrupted / sfc failed
Ever since i downloaded a program called Background changer for the Windows 10 login screen, whenever i run sfc scans it says it was unable to fix some of them.I open the cbs.log file and i always get the same errors about the windows.ui.logon.pri...
General Support
Windows Mail and Agenda Apps not working and corrupted?
I have been trying to make the mail app working but instead something happend and the icons are gone and the app won't even launch now. I cannot delete the app in store because it's greyed out and says it is installed. The app also does NOT...
Browsers and Email
Solved Windows 10 update corrupted dual boot options
When I first installed the Win 10 Preview, it set up a dual boot (actually triple boot, 3 OS's - Win 7, Win 8.1 and Win 10). One of the Win 10 updates corrupted it. I've tried to fix it by booting with all 3 OS install discs and running...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums