Latest CCleaner Version Released

Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 38,897
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18898
    Thread Starter
       #881

    DooGie said: View Post
    Version 5.56.7144 has been released today.

    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds
    Thank you DooGie. First post updated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #882

    Brink said: View Post
    Thank you DooGie. First post updated.
    Is CCleaner - Slim version safe? what options do I have to uncheck in the latest version to "keep my privacy" using CC

    Thanks
    Came
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 41,092
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #883

    camellia said: View Post
    Is CCleaner - Slim version safe? what options do I have to uncheck in the latest version to "keep my privacy" using CC

    Thanks
    Came
    @Camellia ...... These three. I'm not sure the Slim even has them, don't use it. But, if so, same three.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	230456
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 1,331
    Windows 10 Home 1809 32-bit
       #884

    @camelia

    I only use the Slim Build. Uncheck this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCleaner - privacy.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	230462
    Use "file list" and "save settings to .INI file"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCleaner - settings.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	230463
    You have to disable automatic updates to avoid getting the regular build installed via an auto update check.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCleaner - updates.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	230464
    Block connection in firewall
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccupdate.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	230465

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firewall.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	230472
    Optional delete the updater
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCleaner - updater.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	230467

    Just manually check for new builds.

    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds
    Last edited by Callender; 12 Apr 2019 at 18:29. Reason: add image
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #885

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    @Camellia ...... These three. I'm not sure the Slim even has them, don't use it. But, if so, same three.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	230456
    Callender said: View Post
    @camelia

    I only use the Slim Build. Uncheck this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCleaner - privacy.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	230462
    Use "file list" and "save settings to .INI file"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCleaner - settings.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	230463
    You have to disable automatic updates to avoid getting the regular build installed via an auto update check.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCleaner - updates.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	230464
    Block connection in firewall
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccupdate.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	230465

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firewall.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	230472
    Optional delete the updater
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCleaner - updater.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	230467

    Just manually check for new builds.

    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds
    Thank you very much! updating my CC with the suggestion you provided me, specially about the firewall connections I have to block, Fantastic

    Came
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 41,092
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #886

    I just got updated to CCleaner 5.57, but can't find it yet on their site.

    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-14_08h23_28.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	233654
    Last edited by f14tomcat; 1 Week Ago at 08:46.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 41,092
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #887

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    I just got updated to CCleaner 5.57, but can't find it yet on their site.

    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-14_08h23_28.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	233654
    Version 5.57 now available on the Piriform CCleaner site:

    Release notes:Release Notes

    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 38,897
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18898
    Thread Starter
       #888

    Thank you. First post updated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 7,167
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       #889

    Hi folks

    My view on these types of products are that they are slightly better than "snake oil".

    These days if you take decent backups before doing anything with a computer like installing software that doesn't have proper uninstall details then you won't need any of these things -- a macrium (free) restore for example on an average machine from say an external SSD shouldn't take more than around 15 mins anyway.

    If your machine is in such a state that you need to use these types of products you probably would be better off doing a complete fresh windows re-install.

    cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 41,092
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #890

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi folks

    My view on these types of products are that they are slightly better than "snake oil".

    These days if you take decent backups before doing anything with a computer like installing software that doesn't have proper uninstall details then you won't need any of these things -- a macrium (free) restore for example on an average machine from say an external SSD shouldn't take more than around 15 mins anyway.

    If your machine is in such a state that you need to use these types of products you probably would be better off doing a complete fresh windows re-install.

    cheers
    jimbo
    Jimbo, you are welcome to your opinion, but I do not think it is shared by all. This thread has been active for 4 1/2 years, so the product has value to many.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released in Drivers and Hardware
Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released WHQL version: 19.10.0429 Release Date: May 10, 2019 File size: 41.6 MB Supports: Windows 7/10 for
Solved Kaspersky 2016 (English US) version released. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Kaspersky 2016 (English US) version released, however other languages and locales are not yet available at the moment. http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/purchase/kis-general-license Alternate Link & User Guide Kaspersky Internet Security...
I have read most of all the threads here and just wondered when the final version is ready to release and I say yes to the update to my desktop PC what will it do? I know it will use my previous Windows Prod ID to install but wondered if it...
Released version in General Support
So when this "10" is released will it be as straight forward as putting in a legal s/n or will it have to be wiped and reinstalled.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36.
Find Us