Latest CCleaner Version Released

Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast
  1.    #861

    Crizal said: View Post
    @KCR -- I am now getting the error code 26 as shown in your second screenshot. This has also been reported in Piriform's forums. Apparently, from what I can tell, CCleaner made a change behind the scenes. I had one item in the up-to-date section earlier today and now it's gone. CCleaner can do important updates behind the scenes (CCleaner>options>updates) and I believe that's what happened.
    May be because its a pro feature.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #862

    swarfega said: View Post
    May be because its a pro feature.
    I'm starting to think the same and there are echoes of that on CCleaner's bug forum as the new feature is not supposed to be in the free version. Could be they're trying to correct things via their automatic "important" update ability.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #863

    Crizal said: View Post
    I'm starting to think the same and there are echoes of that on CCleaner's bug forum as the new feature is not supposed to be in the free version. Could be they're trying to correct things via their automatic "important" update ability.
    Thought they said it would be in the Free version for 14 days, then turn off. But this new feature that has been added I don't use or need it anyhow.
    I have the Pro version and it seems to be working fine for the moment.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #864

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Thought they said it would be in the Free version for 14 days, then turn off. But this new feature that has been added I don't use or need it anyhow.
    I have the Pro version and it seems to be working fine for the moment.
    When free version 5.55 was released, the updater showed me one program that needed to be updated and another one which was already up-to-date. When pressing the update button, I got a message saying "to use this feature you must upgrade to CCleaner Pro". A few hours later, the pop-up was replaced with the connection error 26 and the up-to-date program I had disappeared from the list. I used Geek Uninstaller to get rid of the item which needed updating -- an extension for Internet Explorer which I never use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #865

    Crizal said: View Post
    When free version 5.55 was released, the updater showed me one program that needed to be updated and another one which was already up-to-date. When pressing the update button, I got a message saying "to use this feature you must upgrade to CCleaner Pro". A few hours later, the pop-up was replaced with the connection error 26 and the up-to-date program I had disappeared from the list. I used Geek Uninstaller to get rid of the item which needed updating -- an extension for Internet Explorer which I never use.
    Yeah this new feature seems to act differently on everyone's PC .... It does work on my Pro version, but since this feature has been added CCleaner seems to load slower too. I don't think this New Feature was or is needed myself.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #866

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Yeah this new feature seems to act differently on everyone's PC .... It does work on my Pro version, but since this feature has been added CCleaner seems to load slower too. I don't think this New Feature was or is needed myself.
    Agreed. BTW -- CCleaner's bug forum is getting interesting. A few threads on there about this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    #867

    Crizal said: View Post
    Agreed. BTW -- CCleaner's bug forum is getting interesting. A few threads on there about this.
    Yeah I reported the 1st bug on their myself .....yesterday. Got an email from Stephen within 30 mins of posting it. Telling me how to fix my issue.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    #868

    " Telling me how to fix my issue "............may we know how ?
    It just does not work on my rig !
    Updated , and activated again .............still no luck , what went wrong ??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #869

    pietcorus2 said: View Post
    " Telling me how to fix my issue "............may we know how ?
    It just does not work on my rig !
    Updated , and activated again .............still no luck , what went wrong ??
    Sorry but it seems your issue was not the same as mine, so my fix which you already have tried, didn't work for you.
    I suppose you could try a Clean install of CCleaner. Other than that only thing I can suggest is report your issue to CCleaner.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #870

    @pietcorus2, @OldMike65 -- There are all sorts of issues reported on Piriform CCleaner Bug Forum regarding v5.55 Software Updater Tool as well as CCleaner Pro users having problems updating. Posts are all over the place so the best advice is to check it out and see if anything applies to an individual situation.

    Also, it's being reported that the error code 26 with the free version has been fixed. It was a server issue. I do not know if the Software Updater will vanish from the free version in 14 days or if those users will just continue to get a pop-up saying "to use this tool you must upgrade to pro version".
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast

Related Threads
Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released in Drivers and Hardware
Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released WHQL version: 18.10.0830 Release Date: September 4, 2018 File size: 65.4 MB Supports: Windows 7/10 for
Solved Kaspersky 2016 (English US) version released. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Kaspersky 2016 (English US) version released, however other languages and locales are not yet available at the moment. http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/purchase/kis-general-license Alternate Link & User Guide Kaspersky Internet Security...
I have read most of all the threads here and just wondered when the final version is ready to release and I say yes to the update to my desktop PC what will it do? I know it will use my previous Windows Prod ID to install but wondered if it...
Released version in General Support
So when this "10" is released will it be as straight forward as putting in a legal s/n or will it have to be wiped and reinstalled.

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25.
Find Us