Latest CCleaner Version Released

Page 32 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
  1. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,433
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #311

    Wonder if anyone else is having this issue....... Ccleaner does NOT completely remove windows.old.

    version 5.36 installed > Ran it TWICE.
    Result : Windows.old left-over remains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest CCleaner Version Released-ccleaner-5.36-....-old-windows-installation-3-.jpg  
      My Computer

  2. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,433
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #312

    Windows.old folder still present in C drive with small amount of files remaining.

    Latest CCleaner Version Released-ccleaner-5.36-....-old-windows-installation-4-.jpg
      My Computer

  3. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,671
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #313

    Also have leftover windows.old but with 0 bytes, CC didn't clean it either.
      My Computers

  4. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 109,151
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 21H1 19043.1055
       #314

    CCleaner completely removed mine, on 1st try.
    Try this tutorial

    Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
      My Computers

  5. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,671
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #315

    OldMike65 said:
    CCleaner completely removed mine, on 1st try.
    Try this tutorial

    Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    My case is a bit unique in that it's all empty including subfolders but nothing short of Linux can get rid of it. Didn't get around to do it yet.
      My Computers

  6. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 109,151
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 21H1 19043.1055
       #316

    CountMike said:
    My case is a bit unique in that it's all empty including subfolders but nothing short of Linux can get rid of it. Didn't get around to do it yet.
    I am surprised thats Kyhi's Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable PE Rescue Disk would not also remove it Mike
      My Computers

  7. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,671
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #317

    OldMike65 said:
    I am surprised thats Kyhi's Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable PE Rescue Disk would not also remove it Mike
    It flatly refuses to do it. Probably also recognizing it as protected. Can't do it from W7 either.
      My Computers

  8. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,553
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #318

    CountMike said:
    My case is a bit unique in that it's all empty including subfolders but nothing short of Linux can get rid of it. Didn't get around to do it yet.
    I've had that a couple of times in the past Mike and it only happened if the Windows.old directory was empty.
    Like you I ended up running Linux to get rid of it, however the first time I did it I forgot about emptying the Linux trash bin and ended up with a directory called trash in Windows.
      My Computer

  9. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,671
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #319

    DooGie said:
    I've had that a couple of times in the past Mike and it only happened if the Windows.old directory was empty.
    Like you I ended up running Linux to get rid of it, however the first time I did it I forgot about emptying the Linux trash bin and ended up with a directory called trash in Windows.
    Lol, I'll do it from a live Linux distro, should leave no trace. I had to upgrade some tools and Linux distros from 2 USBs I had them on but didn't get around to do it yet so they ere empty, just collecting some tools for them which isn't as easy as for windows. Those are mostly tools for work with HW (because Linux works with it more directly), file retrieving tools and some AV stuff.
      My Computers

  10. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,433
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #320

    Win 10 own disk cleanup app was unable to remove the windows.old left-over either.
      My Computer


 
Page 32 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums