Latest CCleaner Version Released

Page 30 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
  1. Zardoc's Avatar
    Posts : 231
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       #291

    OldMike65 said:
    Posting this News Update posted on Piriform's site this morning, has more information about the attack to CCleaner.

    Posted Today, 02:12 AM
    We recently determined that older versions of our Piriform CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191 had been compromised. We resolved this quickly and believe no harm was done to any of our users. This compromise only affected customers with the 32-bit version of the v5.33.6162 of CCleaner and the v1.07.3191 of CCleaner Cloud. No other Piriform or CCleaner products were affected. We encourage all users of the 32-bit version of CCleaner v5.33.6162 to download v5.34 here: download. We apologize and are taking extra measures to ensure this does not happen again.
    Sorry Mike. Noticed your post after
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #292

    pirix said:
    I ended using CCleaner for years ago, in my opinion Windows contains the tools needed to maintain system.
      My Computers

  3. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,332
    Windows10
       #293

    pirix said:
    I ended using CCleaner for years ago, in my opinion Windows contains the tools needed to maintain system.
    In general I agree BUT its Uninstaller of win32 programs is not that great, often leaving detritus in registry that sometime causes issues if you try to install a new version (Office is particularly prone to this).

    I recently had issues with inability to install a new version of Onedrive with Files On Demand, until I uninstalled it. I uninstalled it with Windows uninstaller, and got a later (not latest) version and it partly worked, but kept redownloading files even when marked as Files on Demand.

    One of regulars here (grey matter eluding name) recommended do a deep uninstall with Revo Uninstaller) and that did the trick, and I was able to automatically install latest Onedrive, and it behaved as it should.
      My Computer

  4. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 84,120
    Windows10 Pro 64Bit
       #294

    cereberus said:
    In general I agree BUT its Uninstaller of win32 programs is not that great, often leaving detritus in registry that sometime causes issues if you try to install a new version (Office is particularly prone to this).

    I recently had issues with inability to install a new version of Onedrive with Files On Demand, until I uninstalled it. I uninstalled it with Windows uninstaller, and got a later (not latest) version and it partly worked, but kept redownloading files even when marked as Files on Demand.

    One of regulars here (grey matter eluding name) recommended do a deep uninstall with Revo Uninstaller) and that did the trick, and I was able to automatically install latest Onedrive, and it behaved as it should.
    All CCleaner does is use Windows 10 Uninstaller.
    The best app to use IS Revo Uninstaller Free or Pro. Like you mentioned.
      My Computers

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,387
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #295

    cereberus said:
    In general I agree BUT its Uninstaller of win32 programs is not that great, often leaving detritus in registry that sometime causes issues if you try to install a new version (Office is particularly prone to this).

    I recently had issues with inability to install a new version of Onedrive with Files On Demand, until I uninstalled it. I uninstalled it with Windows uninstaller, and got a later (not latest) version and it partly worked, but kept redownloading files even when marked as Files on Demand.

    One of regulars here (grey matter eluding name) recommended do a deep uninstall with Revo Uninstaller) and that did the trick, and I was able to automatically install latest Onedrive, and it behaved as it should.
    ...
      My Computers

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,806
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19635
    Thread Starter
       #296
      My Computers


  7. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 84,120
    Windows10 Pro 64Bit
       #297

    @Brink
    New Release version for CCleaner 5.35.6210 Today
    Latest CCleaner Version Released-ccleanernew.png
      My Computers

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,806
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19635
    Thread Starter
       #298

    Thank you Mike. First post updated. :)
      My Computers

  9. swarfega's Avatar
    Posts : 6,386
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #299

    Did this address the security issue?
      My Computers

  10. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 7,877
    Wndows 10 x64 Pro build 19635.1
       #300

    OldMike65 said:
    @Brink
    New Release version for CCleaner 5.35.6210 Today
    Latest CCleaner Version Released-ccleanernew.png

    Thanks for the heads up Mike :)
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums