Latest CCleaner Version Released


  1. Posts : 56,112
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #1281

    Compumind said:
    To all -

    Unless you have just made a full, restorable backup image of your system...

    I wouldn't dare use the CCleaner Driver Updater or any other for that matter.

    Use the Windows Update for the OS - not hidden updates, and check each installed software product for their own updates.
    You can also visit the website for the Model/Serial number of the computer you are using and see what is available.

    FWIW.
    OldMike65 said:
    Excellent advice !!!!

    It's something we preach all the time, no Snake Oil Driver Updaters. But there will always be peddlers of it, and those not aware, so we continue to.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 25,687
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.160
       #1282

    I used it but made a full backup.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4,462
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #1283

    f14tomcat said:
    It's something we preach all the time, no Snake Oil Driver Updaters. But there will always be peddlers of it, and those not aware, so we continue to.
    They just couldn't leave the product alone, could they?
    I hope that feature is pulled.

      My Computer


  4. Posts : 25,687
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.160
       #1284

    I just used the App that came with Digital Storm and al is OK.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 47,246
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #1285

    Compumind said:
    To all -

    Unless you have just made a full, restorable backup image of your system...

    I wouldn't dare use the CCleaner Driver Updater or any other for that matter.

    Use the Windows Update for the OS - not hidden updates, and check each installed software product for their own updates.
    You can also visit the website for the Model/Serial number of the computer you are using and see what is available.

    FWIW.
    Totally agree with you. Driver updaters are dangerous snake oil.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 835
    11 Pro 21H2 (22000.348)
       #1286

    Compumind said:
    I hope that feature is pulled.
    Agreed. I find many, maybe most of the features of CCleaner (formerly known as Prince -- no, formerly known as Crap Cleaner) useful and even valuable, but adding one of the way-too-huge family of driver updaters is a truly bad move, and I hope Piriform gets that message sooner rather than later.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 273
    Windows 10 x64 bits
       #1287

    kado897 said:
    Totally agree with you. Driver updaters are dangerous snake oil.
    For me it is unnecessary

    Came
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 124,741
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.739
       #1288

    Found a bug in CCleaner's latest update, clicking on Check for Updates either locks it up or asks you to register it .....even if its already registered. Version 5.82.8950 (64 bit)

    Latest CCleaner Version Released-ccleanerbug.png
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 835
    11 Pro 21H2 (22000.348)
       #1289

    OldMike65 said:
    Found a bug in CCleaner's latest update, clicking on Check for Updates either locks it up or asks you to register it .....even if its already registered. Version 5.82.8950 (64 bit)
    No such problem here:
    Latest CCleaner Version Released-cc.jpg
    When you go to Options > About, does it show you as the registered owner?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 56,112
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #1290

    OldMike65 said:
    Found a bug in CCleaner's latest update, clicking on Check for Updates either locks it up or asks you to register it .....even if its already registered. Version 5.82.8950 (64 bit)

    Latest CCleaner Version Released-ccleanerbug.png
    All looks ok now. Maybe a Net thing or server burp. Mine popped up immediately.
    Latest CCleaner Version Released-image.png
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:20.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums