Latest CCleaner Version Released


  1. Posts : 389
    Windows 10 (21H1)
       #1221

    Why This Happens


    sometimes running the registry cleaner requires more than one pass. However, this item (refer to attached image) will not go away. Thoughts anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest CCleaner Version Released-capture.png  
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 46,484
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #1222

    MourningStar said:
    sometimes running the registry cleaner requires more than one pass. However, this item (refer to attached image) will not go away. Thoughts anyone?
    Two thoughts.

    1. A permissions problem.
    2. Something is recreating it.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 123,293
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1223

    kado897 said:
    Two thoughts.

    1. A permissions problem.
    2. Something is recreating it.
    Yeah that's normal Keith .....its been doing that for years for me.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 17,599
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1706 (x64) [21H2]
       #1224

    MourningStar said:
    sometimes running the registry cleaner requires more than one pass. However, this item (refer to attached image) will not go away. Thoughts anyone?


    You CAN edit the registry to remove that entry, or you can just make an exception for it in CCleaner.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 123,293
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1225

    Ghot said:
    You CAN edit the registry to remove that entry, or you can just make an exception for it in CCleaner.
    You can, but it will come back ......
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 17,599
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1706 (x64) [21H2]
       #1226

    OldMike65 said:
    You can, but it will come back ......


    You can permanently get rid of it via a registry edit. I did it on my comp.
    It wasn't easy.
      My Computer


  7. WXC
    Posts : 6,791
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2 19044.1706
       #1227

    MourningStar said:
    sometimes running the registry cleaner requires more than one pass. However, this item (refer to attached image) will not go away. Thoughts anyone?

    I noticed the same, about three months ago. I too, was unable to delete it.

    My solution... Right click to highlight > Click Exclude.


    Obviously, it's still there, but it will not be see again, until you get a new version of CCleaner. Then you will have to exclude it again.


    Best of luck.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 389
    Windows 10 (21H1)
       #1228

    Thank you all for your most helpful and informative thoughts and replies.
      My Computer


  9. WXC
    Posts : 6,791
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2 19044.1706
       #1229

    My apologies for bumping an older thread, sirs.

    I have a question, perhaps more a curiosity.

    I have used CCleaner for years, with never a problem.

    Currently using 'Portable Version 5.79.8704 (64 Bit)'.

    ~~~~

    Do any of you that use it, ever utilize the 'Free Space' cleaner?

    I have in the past, used it on occasion, but it has been a long time. Back story, I have nothing on my PC that I would be concerned of anyone seeing. So, not attempting to cover anything.

    Should I run it (takes hours for a simple pass), or, should I not even bother with it?

    I appreciate any, reply/advice, or otherwise.


    Thank you.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 56,049
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #1230

    WXC said:
    My apologies for bumping an older thread, sirs.

    I have a question, perhaps more a curiosity.

    I have used CCleaner for years, with never a problem.

    Currently using 'Portable Version 5.79.8704 (64 Bit)'.

    ~~~~

    Do any of you that use it, ever utilize the 'Free Space' cleaner?

    I have in the past, used it on occasion, but it has been a long time. Back story, I have nothing on my PC that I would be concerned of anyone seeing. So, not attempting to cover anything.

    Should I run it (takes hours for a simple pass), or, should I not even bother with it?

    I appreciate any, reply/advice, or otherwise.


    Thank you.
    Generally, that Free Space wiper is intended to be used if your are getting rid of the machine and want to "sanitize" it. Keep in mind on an SSD it does a bazillion writes, and God forbid you do multiple passes. The cells will never forgive you!

    Bottom line...... everyday user and use., leave it alone.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums