Latest CCleaner Version Released

  1. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,289
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #1081

    DooGie said:
    Can you set Wise Disk Cleaner to ignore cookies you want to keep?
    Yes.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 369
    Win7 Pro X64, Win10 Pro x640
       #1082

    I know I asked this question before...but just to confirm again...the ads, privacy concerns, and now detection as a PWA by Defender...are these issues with just the free version or with the paid/professional version as well?
    Thanks!
      My Computer

  3. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 4,047
    N/A
       #1083

    bamajon1974 said:
    I know I asked this question before...but just to confirm again...the ads, privacy concerns, and now detection as a PWA by Defender...are these issues with just the free version or with the paid/professional version as well?
    Thanks!
    As far as I know free Slim Build doesn't have these problems - only the free Regular Build.
      My Computer

  4. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 4,047
    N/A
       #1084
      My Computer

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,983
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #1085

    Spartan said:
    Do you know how could it run immediately and clean without having to click Analyze first?

    No, I think that is quite impossible. And (IMO), a tad dangerous. That concept reminds me of the Ultra Snake Oil One-Click Fix All Panacea Wonder Cleaner from Hell. I prefer to spend the extra few seconds to find out first what any cleaner thinks it's about to do. Even Windows Settings/Storage I get to see what havoc may occur. None of this "Click Now All Done" for me, thank you.
      My Computers

  6. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 4,047
    N/A
       #1086

    Spartan said:
    Do you know how could it run immediately and clean without having to click Analyze first?
    Well for me that's what I usually do but I'm very aware of how it's set and what it's going to clean.

    On another note if you want to run a few cleanup "profiles" - well you can't.

    What you can do is use Slim Build installed for regular cleanup and also get the portable version and set it up just to clean browsers.

    That way you can run the portable version after a browsing session instead of going for the full cleanup. The portable uses it's own .ini (settings) file as long as you configure it to remember settings.

    Edit: I should say that if I've installed new software then it's "Analyse" and inspect results before doing a cleanup but otherwise I'm not concerned and just clean straight away.
      My Computer

  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,983
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #1087

    Callender said:
    Well for me that's what I usually do but I'm very aware of how it's set and what it's going to clean.

    On another note if you want to run a few cleanup "profiles" - well you can't.

    What you can do is use Slim Build installed for regular cleanup and also get the portable version and set it up just to clean browsers.

    That way you can run the portable version after a browsing session instead of going for the full cleanup. The portable uses it's own .ini (settings) file as long as you configure it to remember settings.

    Edit: I should say that if I've installed new software then it's "Analyse" and inspect results before doing a cleanup but otherwise I'm not concerned and just clean straight away.
    I think Spartan was asking about Wise Cleaner.
      My Computers

  8. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 4,047
    N/A
       #1088

    f14tomcat said:
    I think Spartan was asking about Wise Cleaner.
    Well in that case I agree. Check settings first then results.
      My Computer

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,983
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #1089

    Callender said:
    Well in that case I agree. Check settings first then results.
    But for CCleaner, you are absolutely correct.
      My Computers

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,289
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #1090

    Spartan said:
    Do you know how could it run immediately and clean without having to click Analyze first?
    f14tomcat said:
    No, I think that is quite impossible. And (IMO), a tad dangerous. That concept reminds me of the Ultra Snake Oil One-Click Fix All Panacea Wonder Cleaner from Hell. I prefer to spend the extra few seconds to find out first what any cleaner thinks it's about to do. Even Windows Settings/Storage I get to see what havoc may occur. None of this "Click Now All Done" for me, thank you.
    With CCleaner you can. With Wise Cleaer no.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums