Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 223
    Windows 10 Home
       17 Nov 2015 #1

    Macrium Reflect error help?


    Hi All,
    I have the latest free version of Macrium Reflect.
    I think that I can only get support from the Macrium site with the full paid version.
    Since the big Windows 10 update last week, I seem to be getting errors in the backup logs.
    I have checked the Macruim backup logs prior to the update and they are all OK.
    Any ideas please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snip_20151117081719.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	48737
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,990
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       17 Nov 2015 #2

    What version of MR are you running, and do you make your backups from a boot disk, like from a DVD or USB ?? Mine works fine after installing Windows 10 10586.3
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 223
    Windows 10 Home
       17 Nov 2015 #3

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    What version of MR are you running, and do you make your backups from a boot disk, like from a DVD or USB ?? Mine works fine after installing Windows 10 10586.3
    I've got Macrium version 6.1 build 909, and I do my backups from the Windows desktop.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    17 Nov 2015 #4

    That is one error I've been having since Windows 8 - it is not to do with Macrium, it is a VSS error you can trigger just by making a restore point.

    Here is the fix I use (still) in Windows 10 1511 release - see the excellent post by fearless96 on Dec 1 2014.

    You can just cut and paste all this in a admin command prompt.
    Code:
    sc sdset MSLLDP D:(D;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BG)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SO)(A;;LCRPWP;;;S-1-5-80-3141615172-2057878085-1754447212-2405740020-3916490453)(A;;CC;;;S-1-5-80-242729624-280608522-2219052887-3187409060-2225943459)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    Last edited by lx07; 17 Nov 2015 at 06:54. Reason: added which post
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,990
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       17 Nov 2015 #5

    Cornishman said: View Post
    I've got Macrium version 6.1 build 909, and I do my backups from the Windows desktop.
    Ok, that is the latest release. I only do my backups from a USB stick I made using MR's Create Rescue Media option from the "Other Tasks) pull down tab. Could you try doing a backup from a boot disk after making it from that option?? You can choose either a DVD or USB method. Just to see if you get the same problem??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 223
    Windows 10 Home
       17 Nov 2015 #6

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Ok, that is the latest release. I only do my backups from a USB stick I made using MR's Create Rescue Media option from the "Other Tasks) pull down tab. Could you try doing a backup from a boot disk after making it from that option?? You can choose either a DVD or USB method. Just to see if you get the same problem??
    I have just tried a backup from a boot disk, and it didn't give me a log?
    Perhaps Macrium only produces a backup log through Windows?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,990
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       17 Nov 2015 #7

    Cornishman said: View Post
    I have just tried a backup from a boot disk, and it didn't give me a log?
    Perhaps Macrium only produces a backup log through Windows?
    After you made your backup did you also use MR to verify the backup while still on your boot disk? If MR verifies the backup you just made, then their is nothing wrong with that backup. I always verify every backup or image file I make with MR.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 223
    Windows 10 Home
       17 Nov 2015 #8

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    After you made your backup did you also use MR to verify the backup while still on your boot disk? If MR verifies the backup you just made, then their is nothing wrong with that backup. I always verify every backup or image file I make with MR.
    No, I didn't do a verification, I shall do that now.
    I did notice though that doing a backup using the boot drive took 5 or 6 minutes longer than doing it through Windows, and the image was slightly larger for some reason???
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    17 Nov 2015 #9

    Cornishman said: View Post
    I have just tried a backup from a boot disk, and it didn't give me a log?
    Perhaps Macrium only produces a backup log through Windows?
    You will not get the VSS error when making backups from your PE disk as Macrium only uses VSS when run from inside Windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 223
    Windows 10 Home
       17 Nov 2015 #10

    lx07 said: View Post
    You will not get the VSS error when making backups from your PE disk as Macrium only uses VSS when run from inside Windows.
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what does VSS stand for???
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved New Macrium Reflect Update
This probably belongs in the Security section because system image/reimage is probably the second most important thing after your AV. Macrium Reflect v6.3.1665
Software and Apps
Solved Macrium reflect rescue usb problem
Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device...
Software and Apps
Solved Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update?
Hi All, I have the free Macrium Reflect 6 program, which recently updated to 6.1.879. When I try to make a USB rescue media, it says that an update has been found for my Windows PE files??? How do I update that? The program itself is up to...
Software and Apps
Macrium Reflect FAILED
Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in...
Performance & Maintenance
Macrium Reflect does not find image file
Been trying M. Reflect free edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8000. I did as usual and created a boot rescue CD with the PE file with no problem. Then I continued to make an image of my boot disk C and save it on my hard drive D. Went to D and the image...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums