Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Nov 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista

    Where to download Office 2007 with product key?


    Hi all,

    I have Office 2007 and I'm wanting to install it on my netbook after having just done a clean install of W10 on it.

    Does anybody know if there's a website out there where I can download a "free trial" of Office 2007, then enter my product key?

    I know that Microsoft has a dedicated website here: Microsoft Office Downloads , but that website requires you to create a Microsoft Account and attach your Office product key to that specific account. I don't really want to do this. Does anyone know if there's an alternative way to install Office, other than using a USB DVD player?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    12 Nov 2015 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,369
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.19

    Try here: https://www2.downloadoffice2010.microsoft.com/o12/registerkey.aspx?culture=en-GB&ref=o12


    If the download is an ISO just extract all it's files to a folder then run setup from that folder.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    12 Nov 2015 #3
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,333
    Mac OS Sierra

    The only one that you can still get through newegg.com, etc. is Office 2010. That is because it is being used in the Enterprise at this time. All previous editions have been pulled, along with their keys have been Black listed if not installed.

    You can use the online neutured version of Office, or use Libreoffice, which works great. Or there is always Google Office suite.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 Nov 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    I put in my product key and solved the captcha, but then I see this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	47776

    After I click next, it asks me to sign in to a Microsoft Account.

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    The only one that you can still get through newegg.com, etc. is Office 2010. That is because it is being used in the Enterprise at this time. All previous editions have been pulled, along with their keys have been Black listed if not installed.
    I'm not interested in buying Office. I don't think I was clear, sorry. What I mean is that I already have Office 2007 Home and Student, purchased in 2008. I am trying to install it on a computer without a DVD drive and without having to create a Microsoft Account.

    Quote Originally Posted by wireless View Post
    All previous editions have been pulled, along with their keys have been Black listed if not installed.
    What do you mean, "black listed"? Black listed from what? I installed Office 2007 on my desktop using the DVD I bought in 2008 with no problems in Windows 10. Bill Gates once said a few years ago that ANY Microsoft software product that a person buys will always be compatible with later versions of Windows, and that applies to Office, of course.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Nov 2015 #5
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,333
    Mac OS Sierra

    You are not buying office. You have to sign into the account, so that Microsoft tracks who downloads software off of their servers. It is Zero, as it shows, because you are going to download an ESD ISO to install on what media you are going to use to install.

    As for Black Listed, that means that you can no longer activate the software, because it is End Of Life (EOL). In other words, no longer supported.

    Bill Gates has nothing to do with this. It is the fact that no company is going to support software that has been updated with newer versions. Yes they are compatible, but the current version most people are using right now is Office 2010 in most offices. 2013 at home and small offices. Those with Office 365 Subscriptions can use Office 2016 if they wish.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Nov 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    You are not buying office. You have to sign into the account, so that Microsoft tracks who downloads software off of their servers. It is Zero, as it shows, because you are going to download an ESD ISO to install on what media you are going to use to install.
    So does it lock to the "Microsoft Account"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    As for Black Listed, that means that you can no longer activate the software, because it is End Of Life (EOL). In other words, no longer supported.
    That's not true. Office 2007 is still supported by Microsoft, in fact, 2 days ago (Nov. 10) I received multiple security updates for Excel 2007 from Windows Updates, and I installed Office 2007 from DVD on my desktop a few months ago when I did a clean install of W10.

    Office 2007 SP3 is still supported by MSFT until 2017: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle?p1=8753

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    Bill Gates has nothing to do with this. It is the fact that no company is going to support software that has been updated with newer versions. Yes they are compatible, but the current version most people are using right now is Office 2010 in most offices. 2013 at home and small offices. Those with Office 365 Subscriptions can use Office 2016 if they wish.
    What I meant about Bill Gates is the following quote:

    "Bill Gates once said, you can purchase a license from Microsoft for a particular product and never buy another one. The power is still in the consumers hands and pocket. Office 2000, 2002, 2003 even have a compatibility pack that allows you to open and save files created in 2007 or 2010, so you are not forced to upgrade either."

    Also, as of May 2010, 81% of businesses are running Office 2007. (Source: Forrester: Google still a distant Office competitor | ZDNet)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Nov 2015 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Shasta County
    Posts : 1,073
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    because you are going to download an ESD ISO to install on what media you are going to use to install.
    I just downloaded office 2010 and it was an .exe,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-11-12_18h48_42.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	47788

    Couldn't even find an option for anything else. Someone on SF wanted the ISO option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Nov 2015 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Shasta County
    Posts : 1,073
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjoe View Post
    So does it lock to the "Microsoft Account"?
    Locked, I can't really say. But it is connected, as soon as you complete the process they send you a receipt email.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    12 Nov 2015 #9
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,333
    Mac OS Sierra

    Your key is locked to your account and that is all that it is. But for accounting purposes. Microsoft has to show who downloaded what for free, since Microsoft is "Gifting" it to you. Also their servers tie the key with your name and your machine, once it is installed. That way you cannot just hand over the key to a bunch of people. You are only allowed one desktop and one laptop or tablet install under the key.

    Usually after 6 installs, Microsoft will lock the key and the only way to get it unlocked is to call in and talk to someone. They will ask you a few questions to verify that you are only installing it on 1 new machine under the license, then give you the unlock code.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 Nov 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,550
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjoe View Post
    Does anyone know if there's an alternative way to install Office, other than using a USB DVD player?
    Take the disc and empty USB flash drive to a computer that has a DVD and just copy the files over to the USB flash drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Can't install Office 2007 due to conflict with Groove
I tried to install my Office 2007 on Windows 10. But I get a message saying "Setup has detected an earlier version of Groove on your system ... uninstall your current version of Groove". Groove is not in the Programs section of Control Panel and...
Software and Apps
Help retrieving Microsoft Office 2013 product keys.
I need help on retrieving a microsoft office product key. I'd upgraded my sister's laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without saving any of its files (clean install). Now I was told that she does not know her microsoft office keys. Is there...
Software and Apps
Solved New Updates for Office 2007???
Well Windows update just told me I have new updates for office 7 and are ready to be installed. I don't have office 2007 on this computer, or, my 2nd computer. I do have Office 2010 on the 2nd computer, on my network. Anyone know why windows updates...
Windows Updates and Activation
How to check how many activation are in use for Office 2007
Hi all. In 2008, I purchased 2 DVD copies of Office Home and Student 2007. This means that I have a total of 6 activation of the program. (Office 2007 and 2010 give you 3 licenses per DVD, while 2013 only gives you 1) Over the years, I've...
Software and Apps
Update problem with office 2007
I'm using win 10, build 10130, which seems to be for the most part working as advertised. However there is this little problem with updates for office 2007... It started downloading security updates for office it got to 14 percent and stopped...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:10.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums