Windows 10: New Graphic Tool... Solved

  1.    08 Nov 2015 #1

    New Graphic Tool...


    Up till now I've been using Paint.net/Gimp 2.8 and they're both great tools. But yesterday I was looking for a possible option that I could try out. There's Photoshop but that's a bit intimidating to me so I did a bunch of Google searches and I found this: Home | Inkscape

    It's a free tool that seems to be very powerful and fun to use. I'm leaning how to use it and I thought I would just share my find,..

    HTH
    Jeff :)

    Screen Shot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	46887
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 20,266
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       08 Nov 2015 #2

    I like the look of those color choices on the bottom in Gray Scale, which shows how a color looks in different light conditions. Such as your car in midday sun as opposed to sitting in the shade, as opposed to how the color looks in the evening at dusk.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)
       08 Nov 2015 #3

    Looks useful. I'll check it out!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 Nov 2015 #4

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I like the look of those color choices on the bottom in Gray Scale, which shows how a color looks in different light conditions. Such as your car in midday sun as opposed to sitting in the shade, as opposed to how the color looks in the evening at dusk.
    That is a nice feature.. and when you insert an image you can scale it at the same time. I found that to be a great feature. What I want to learn is how to do the text and start a new image today,

    You said: View Post
    Looks useful. I'll check it out!
    Cool.. I hope it can help you out!
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 20,266
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       08 Nov 2015 #5

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    That is a nice feature.. and when you insert an image you can scale it at the same time. I found that to be a great feature. What I want to learn is how to do the text and start a new image today,


    Jeff
    It'll work better if your monitor is calibrated. Of course using a calibration tool(such as Spyder) and software is better, but you can also do it with your eyes to a small extent(better than not doing it), and your eyes get used to it quick enough. In the beginning the colors will look washed out until you brain has adjusted to seeing REAL color gamut and Gray Scale.
    I recommend downloading and burning to disk HDTY Calibration Dick AVCHD from AVS Forums: AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    08 Nov 2015 #6

    Cliff S said: View Post
    It'll work better if your monitor is calibrated. Of course using a calibration tool(such as Spyder) and software is better, but you can also do it with your eyes to a small extent(better than not doing it), and your eyes get used to it quick enough. In the beginning the colors will look washed out until you brain has adjusted to seeing REAL color gamut and Gray Scale.
    I recommend downloading and burning to disk HDTY Calibration Dick AVCHD from AVS Forums: AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
    Thanks Cliff.. I'll check this out today.

    Jeff :)
    PS, have a great day.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 20,266
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       08 Nov 2015 #7

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Thanks Cliff.. I'll check this out today.

    Jeff :)
    PS, have a great day.
    Thanks you too
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    10 Nov 2015 #8

    You cannot compare Gimp/ Paint to Inkscape. While Gimp/ Paint work with pixel based graphics Inkscape works with vector graphics. Advantage of vector graphics: Everything in vector graphics is based on math so the graphics are scalable indefinitely without any pixelation, it's the ideal tool to create logos for example. But on the other hand Inkscape is hardly useful at all if you want to edit pixel based images like photos. So like always in order to accomplish what you are trying to do you have to choose the right tool.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007. I already tried NVIDIA Auto-detection tool (GeForce Experience) and it couldn't detect it, tried...
    Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007. I already tried NVIDIA Auto-detection tool (GeForce Experience) and it couldn't detect it, tried...
    Good day folks, Today when I booted Train Simulator 2015, it hanged on the Dovetail logo and eventually froze, i had to restart the pc from the button, after the restart, the desktop was filled with numerous horizontal lines of different lenghts...
    Graphic drivers problem. in Graphic Cards
    Hi, I've got a problem. I was updated win 7 to win 10 and... I press power button, see little windows logo and black screen * Black screen it's just on the laptop. If I plug TV by hdmi to my laptop i see everything. After 3h I discovered one...
    Hi Guys when I was a member of the 7 forums one of our very kind members was kind enough to make me a signature graphic I have since lost that but it has no real use now anyway. I was wondering if there is anybody that has the free time and...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02.
    Find Us