installed program not showing in start menu

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. reddwarf4ever's Avatar
    Posts : 1,234
    windows 10 PRO
       #1

    installed program not showing in start menu


    have installed Aome hdd manager on my W10 PC and laptop.

    on the PCs it appears in the start menu and also as an icon in the start menu.

    but on the laptop it is not showing, have uninstalled and reinstalled and created a shortcut from the installed .exe file then chose pin to start menu, but still nothing

    can't se what I am doing wrong, never had this issue before.

    thanks
      My Computer

  2. eLPuSHeR's Avatar
    Posts : 2,441
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #2

    Which program is it? Can you provide a link?
      My Computer

  3. reddwarf4ever's Avatar
    Posts : 1,234
    windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter
       #3

    not sure if it's anything to do with the actual program, just a start menu issue, I think !!!
    thanks
      My Computer

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,528
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #4

    reddwarf4ever said:
    not sure if it's anything to do with the actual program, just a start menu issue, I think !!!
    thanks

    Add Program To Startup
    For ALL Users copy to :

    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    To find Quickly: Copy address and paste in Run dialog, click OK

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    For specific Users copy to :


    C:\Users\TheUser Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    To find quickly: copy address and paste in Run dialog, change to users name and click OK




    To Add Shortcut to Apps Menu
    To add a shortcut to Apps Menu copy and paste this:

    %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

    into Run dialog and then make a copy of the shortcut and place it there.




















      My Computers

  5. reddwarf4ever's Avatar
    Posts : 1,234
    windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter
       #5

    thank you, will give this a try.

    do you know why it is that the shortcut failed to appear in the start menu, right click pin to start menu should have worked..

    thanks
      My Computer

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,528
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #6

    reddwarf4ever said:
    thank you, will give this a try.

    do you know why it is that the shortcut failed to appear in the start menu, right click pin to start menu should have worked..

    thanks
    Is this an "Installed" program or a standalone portable?
      My Computers

  7. reddwarf4ever's Avatar
    Posts : 1,234
    windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter
       #7

    installed...
      My Computer

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,528
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #8

    I asked because sometimes I use portables and prefer to add them to the all apps and/or Start Menu(I can't stand desktop Icons) and the portable only create desktop shortcuts.

    Lots of programs, also have options, for where you would like to have shortcuts placed, during the installation process.
      My Computers

  9. reddwarf4ever's Avatar
    Posts : 1,234
    windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Cliff S said:

    Add Program To Startup
    For ALL Users copy to :

    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    To find Quickly: Copy address and paste in Run dialog, click OK

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    For specific Users copy to :


    C:\Users\TheUser Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    To find quickly: copy address and paste in Run dialog, change to users name and click OK




    To Add Shortcut to Apps Menu
    To add a shortcut to Apps Menu copy and paste this:

    %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

    into Run dialog and then make a copy of the shortcut and place it

















    unfortunately these methods don't seem to work ( for me )

    didnt put put shortcut into startup folder as I don't want the program to auto start just want it to be in the startup menu..

    and the %windir method did not allow me to paste anything, paste option was ghosted out.

    have this problem with two installed apps Aome partition assistant and blaze media pro...

    dont nut know why, I uninstalled and installed again in default locations..

    any further her help would be appreciated.

    thanks
      My Computer

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,528
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #10

    reddwarf4ever said:
    unfortunately these methods don't seem to work ( for me )

    didnt put put shortcut into startup folder as I don't want the program to auto start just want it to be in the startup menu..

    and the %windir method did not allow me to paste anything, paste option was ghosted out.

    have this problem with two installed apps Aome partition assistant and blaze media pro...

    dont nut know why, I uninstalled and installed again in default locations..

    any further her help would be appreciated.

    thanks
    Instead of pasting, try opening two instances of File Explorer and drag & drop a copy of the your shortcut to C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and it will place it in the start menu.
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums