1.    28 Oct 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 123
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Samsung Magician 4.8


    Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again.

    I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the Taskbar. Is this a necessary start up utility for Rapid Mode to work?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    28 Oct 2015 #2
    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Posts : 289
    Win 10 Pro x64 16299.15

    Quote Originally Posted by GregH View Post
    Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again.

    I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the Taskbar. Is this a necessary start up utility for Rapid Mode to work?
    Don't have that entry you write of. Nothing on the right corner of the taskbar either. Rapid Mode is enabled and there's quite a substantial increase in performance!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    28 Oct 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 123
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sneekez View Post
    Don't have that entry you write of. Nothing on the right corner of the taskbar either. Rapid Mode is enabled and there's quite a substantial increase in performance!
    I have the entry when viewing the Task Manager link under Start Up Tab in MSCONFIG Menu.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    28 Oct 2015 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 1
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971

    Samsung 850 Pro users 4.5 is still the latest version, just checked 4 pm CT 10/28
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    28 Oct 2015 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Posts : 289
    Win 10 Pro x64 16299.15

    Quote Originally Posted by GregH View Post
    I have the entry when viewing the Task Manager link under Start Up Tab in MSCONFIG Menu.
    I have the entry in "startup" and "services running" which can be accessed from right click the taskbar, click on "task mgr" but no icon.
    No worries just curious and I guess wrong forum to be discussing as well?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    28 Oct 2015 #6
    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Posts : 289
    Win 10 Pro x64 16299.15

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Samsung 850 Pro users 4.5 is still the latest version, just checked 4 pm CT 10/28
    Samsung SSD Downloads | Samsung SSD
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    28 Oct 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,389
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by GregH View Post
    Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again.

    I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the Taskbar. Is this a necessary start up utility for Rapid Mode to work?
    That Icon should be just for the main program Magician that you can set up not to start when Windows boots. Then you should have 2 more entries. Samsung Rapid mode Notification AND Samsung Rapid mode Service Those two leave alone!!! Unless you don't want to use Rapid mode. During install thou, Magician also loads and sets itself to startup every time you reboot.
    So you should have TWO entries in your task manager for these.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    28 Oct 2015 #8
    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Posts : 289
    Win 10 Pro x64 16299.15

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    That Icon should be just for the main program Magician that you can set up not to start when Windows boots. Then you should have 2 more entries. Samsung Rapid mode Notification AND Samsung Rapid mode Service Those two leave alone!!! Unless you don't want to use Rapid mode. During install thou, Magician also loads and sets itself to startup every time you reboot.
    So you should have TWO entries in your task manager for these.
    ...+1
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Samsung Magician
Samsung Magician Version 5.1 80074 New Samsung Magician Installation Guide ***Important information, please read the pdf*** New Samsung Magician features a number of improvements over version 5.0:
Drivers and Hardware
Samsung SmarThru Office v2 - Samsung not trusted as a signer
Trying to install Samsung SmarThru office V2 for my printer/scanner, but Windows 10 reports the signer of the executable is not trusted, I downloaded from the Samsung website and the signer is shown as Samsung. There seems to be no way to bypass...
Software and Apps
Samsung Magician 4.7 Released
Samsung has updated their SSD tweaking software. Samsung SSD software page Download User Manual New in Version 4.7
Software and Apps
Another Fix that works with Samsung Magician 4.7
I saw this on Microsoft web site, using a hack tool to enable to Raid Mode button, click it on, reboot and voila you have Rapid Mode turned on! My C: drive had this change before/after: Sequential Read: 562 -> 4975 Random Read 95687 -> 151673...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode
Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! :p 39391
Performance & Maintenance
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums