Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Page 8 of 156 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
  1. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,302
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.870
       #71

    Cliff S said:
    Jimmy just for your information, from your Win10RT File Explore(I am a curious person) I tried running some of my installed programs(on C:) from your Recovery environment, and a few worked-Ccleaner, Tweaking(dot)com's Windows Repair, 7Zip, UltraSearch, Macrium from my C: drive too, another words installable programs that also have the option of using a desktop.ini(install/portable hybrid's) file instead of the registry.
    Also all my saved(in C:\ Documents CMD scripts run too.
    I tried MBAM but it gave me the error that sfc.dll is missing, but of course SFC & DISM run in CMD.
    When you get some time Cliff, tell me how you got mbam to run from the recovery disk?? I thought I followed the instructions, of copying those two file into the win/sys32 and syswow folders (sfc.dll & sfc_os.dll) but when I tried to run Mbam it gave me some kind of exception error msg. No hurry, but when ya got some time.
    Mike...
      My Computers

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,537
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #72

    @OldMike65 on a 64bit system, you need to also look in SysWOW64 also when it comes to .dll files and copy them too.
      My Computers

  3. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,302
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.870
       #73

    Cliff S said:
    @OldMike65 on a 64bit system, you need to also look in SysWOW64 also when it comes to .dll files and copy them too.
    Did that too.....but still didn't help ....interesting thou that after moving those 2 files in to the sysWoW64 folder, and trying to run Mbam, then checking the syswow64 folder.....those 2 files seemed to be missing.....so its gotta be me doing something wrong. :)
      My Computers

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,537
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #74

    OldMike65 said:
    Did that too.....but still didn't help ....interesting thou that after moving those 2 files in to the sysWoW64 folder, and trying to run Mbam, then checking the syswow64 folder.....those 2 files seemed to be missing.....so its gotta be me doing something wrong. :)
    Oh, don't move them, just copy them!!! I had also tried installing a MBAM in the PE environment, maybe that's what worked? Give it a shot.
      My Computers

  5. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,302
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.870
       #75

    Cliff S said:
    Oh, don't move them, just copy them!!! I had also tried installing a MBAM in the PE environment, maybe that's what worked? Give it a shot.
    My mistake in typing.....I did copy them.....but their not their after checking......so now I got to figure out what I am doing wrong. Right now I am looking at the boot.wim file on my usb stick using 7zip.....from my windows 10. The ADD feature on 7zip says not available.....this is a beta version thou.
      My Computers

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,537
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #76

    OldMike65 said:
    My mistake in typing.....I did copy them.....but their not their after checking......so now I got to figure out what I am doing wrong. Right now I am looking at the boot.wim file on my usb stick using 7zip.....from my windows 10. The ADD feature on 7zip says not available.....this is a beta version thou.
    Try going into options and checking it-Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk-image-005.png
      My Computers

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,537
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #77

    As for copying, just right click what you want to copy choose copy, navigate to the folder you want(not inside just the folder name, like SysWOW64, and paste, done.
      My Computers

  8. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,302
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.870
       #78

    Cliff S said:
    Try going into options and checking it-Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk-image-005.png
    When I checked options in 7zip.....everything was already checked?? But still can't ADD anything to boot.wim

    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk-7zip1.png
      My Computers

  9. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,302
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.870
       #79

    Oh well looks like I can't do this......maybe I should give up, don't want to drive you nuts Cliff... :)
      My Computers

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,537
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #80

    OldMike65 said:
    Oh well looks like I can't do this......maybe I should give up, don't want to drive you nuts Cliff... :)
    I have never used the Add option anyhow:), and about MBAM, if Kyhi wants to add that in he will, but his tool is created to repair Windows, and not as an offline anti malware anyhow. I was just trying to see if I could run certain "installed" programs from my Win10 installation in the PE environment, as I have a lot of tools, for me, that would also be useful. And I could
      My Computers


 
Page 8 of 156 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums