Page 33 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Jan 2016 #321
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,367
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyhi View Post
    you can export the wifi profile and add it is an .xml file into the penetwork folder..

    but 95% of the time - it does not work anyway..

    so you still have to manually select, network adapter and password..

    Thanks anyway.

    edit: messed around with this plus editing profiles etc, but nothing worked. No big deal - not worth the hassle for a recent minor issue. Cheers anyway.
    Last edited by cereberus; 01 Feb 2016 at 05:05.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    28 Jan 2016 #322
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    SouthWest, FLorida
    Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyhi View Post
    you can export the wifi profile and add it is an .xml file into the penetwork folder..

    but 95% of the time - it does not work anyway..

    so you still have to manually select, network adapter and password..
    Great! This is a good tip!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    08 Feb 2016 #323
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,929
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Help To Modify WinPESE Boot.wim and Create New ISO
    Modify-WinPESE.zip

    How to Modify (Update) the current WinPESE Boot.wim and Create a New WinPESE ISO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Download and extract Modify-WinPESE.zip


    2. Copy your current WinPESE "Boot.wim" into the proper "WinPESE_x86\Sources" or "WinPESE_x64\Sources" Folder

    3. "Run as Administrator" the proper MountWim_x86.cmd or MountWim_x64.cmd
    That Command will mount the current WinPESE Boot.wim into a newly created "Temp\Mounted-Wim"
    DO NOT CLOSE THE COMMAND PROMPT WINDOW, at this time...

    4. Add your Modified (Updated) Program Files into the "Temp\Mounted-Wim" Directory,
    then highlight the Command Prompt Window and "Press any key to continue"
    Once the command prompt window closes you can then create a new iso

    5. "Run As Administrator" the proper "Create_ISO_x86.cmd" or "Create_ISO_x64.cmd" to create the New WinPESE.ISO on your Desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    08 Feb 2016 #324
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 pr0

    just got a small Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e and it does not have a cd/dvd drive. I am not real computer literate (okay but not great). Anyway, I have been using Acronis 2015 on my desktop running windows 8.1 but do not wish to purchase another backup program for this little laptop since it won't really be used for anything major.
    My question is after I download the ISO exactly how would I then burn it to USB or CD to create a bootable WinPE disk.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 Feb 2016 #325
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,946
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by lnjr View Post
    just got a small Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e and it does not have a cd/dvd drive. I am not real computer literate (okay but not great). Anyway, I have been using Acronis 2015 on my desktop running windows 8.1 but do not wish to purchase another backup program for this little laptop since it won't really be used for anything major.
    My question is after I download the ISO exactly how would I then burn it to USB or CD to create a bootable WinPE disk.

    If your question is what can you use to make a bootable backup program that uses WinPE than I suggest that you install and use
    Macrium Reflect Free version, as this program once installed on your hard drive Will make its own Rescue Media disk using WinPE to a USB stick.
    http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    08 Feb 2016 #326
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,196
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    If your question is what can you use to make a bootable backup program that uses WinPE than I suggest that you install and use
    Macrium Reflect Free version, as this program once installed on your hard drive Will make its own Rescue Media disk using WinPE to a USB stick.
    http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
    You actually don't need to install anything if you use KYHI's Recovery disk. It's already there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    08 Feb 2016 #327
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,946
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    You actually don't need to install anything if you use KYHI's Recovery disk. It's already there.
    Yes your right Dino, but I thought he was asking more about using just a backup program to replace his Acronis. Than a utility program. Kyhi's Recovery program is Great, I have it myself. Again, just thought the user only was looking for a backup app.
    Mike..
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    08 Feb 2016 #328
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,929
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    My question is after I download the ISO exactly how would I then burn it to USB or CD to create a bootable WinPE disk.
    Since you are already using windows 10 -
    just double-click the ISO file to Mount it as a virtual DVD drive..
    Then copy the contents from the virtual DVD drive to a Fat32 Formatted USB

    Or Right-Click and select "Burn Disc Image" and point to your CD/DVD Burner..

    To Boot from Media, You can set BIOS to Boot First that Media Drive (USB or CD/DVD)
    Or use the F12 (usually) Boot Menu Options, to select the boot device..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    09 Feb 2016 #329
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,367
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyhi View Post
    Help To Modify WinPESE Boot.wim and Create New ISO
    Modify-WinPESE.zip

    How to Modify (Update) the current WinPESE Boot.wim and Create a New WinPESE ISO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Download and extract Modify-WinPESE.zip


    2. Copy your current WinPESE "Boot.wim" into the proper "WinPESE_x86\Sources" or "WinPESE_x64\Sources" Folder

    3. "Run as Administrator" the proper MountWim_x86.cmd or MountWim_x64.cmd
    That Command will mount the current WinPESE Boot.wim into a newly created "Temp\Mounted-Wim"
    DO NOT CLOSE THE COMMAND PROMPT WINDOW, at this time...

    4. Add your Modified (Updated) Program Files into the "Temp\Mounted-Wim" Directory,
    then highlight the Command Prompt Window and "Press any key to continue"
    Once the command prompt window closes you can then create a new iso

    5. "Run As Administrator" the proper "Create_ISO_x86.cmd" or "Create_ISO_x64.cmd" to create the New WinPESE.ISO on your Desktop.
    Perhaps I am missing something here, but when I updated the boot.wim file using your earlier mount commands, and copied it back to the x drive, I simply used imgburn to create an iso.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Feb 2016 #330
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,929
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I put the Mount commands into the .cmd File.. so no need to type them in manually..

    And you can create ISO with any program you want..

    But the ISO creation method I use is with MS ADK files..

    I do windows with windows, not 3rd party Apps...
    Last edited by Kyhi; 09 Feb 2016 at 18:06.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 33 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved How to make active@boot disk bootable on uefi/gpt?
Hey Guys Does anyone know how this software can be configured to boot from usb on uefi/gpt. I formatted usb using rufus on the relevant mode then dragged over the contents of another usb where it does work on bios/mbr set up. But when booting...
Installation and Upgrade
Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation
Have a new Double Power 8.1 Tablet that I've upgraded to Win 10. Now I've got it set up just right, I'm attempting to create a Rescue Disk. Purchased a 16gb micro-usb drive which is successfully recognized. Ran 'Create Rescue Disk' from Windows...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Win 10 Rescue disk
I have a new laptop with win 7 pro installed. Once Win 10 is installed in July how will I be able to create a system restore disk?
Installation and Upgrade
Solved MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!!
Just sharing this. I made another boo-boo today and deleted 500GB worth of media files (just movies and music). Don't ask me how because that's something nobody wants to do. :) I don't keep a backup of these files. For me these are disposable...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums