Your picture attachment, brings me to another thought...
For those that have UEFI based PC's - if you disable Legacy Support - you will get a better (Higher) Display Resolution in PE..
That was a quick test last night. This weekend I'll cycle through several machines, some with legacy bios, others with UEFI.
Last night's machine was a dual monitor system and the resolution may not be right. I was more interested in the functionalities.
Once more, Thanks for the great work and appreciated your effort!
Would it be possible to update the first post to list the installed programs? Possibly with date added if there are new ones in future.
I only just found out Partition Wizard Pro is now there so I'm downloading new version
The easiest way to update programs (how I do It)
Is update the program while in PE..
Zip the Program Files\PROGRAM-NAME Folder and sent to another drive..
Copy the PE Sources\Boot.wim to a working drive (F:\Boot.wim)
Create a "Mount" folder on working drive (F:\Mount)
type> Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:"F:\boot.wim" /Index:1 /MountDir:F:\Mount
Unzip your captured Program Files\PROGRAM-NAME folder and replace the one in (F:\Mount\Program Files\PROGRAM-NAME) folder
type> Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:F:\mount /Commit
That is now your NEW Updated Boot.wim - to replace the existing PE Boot.wim..
Thus I always use USB (writable) media for PE
With a slight change, I have now added apps from my normal Windows 10 folders
At first, I zipped folders in my normal C: program folders directories (rather than the X directories), and copied to mount directory as above. I created shortcuts for the various apps and put in the users\desktop folder, and then ran into a problem.
The shortcuts pointed to the directories in the Mount folders, and I could not change the startup folder loication to point to the X directories as the appropriate X directories did not exist yet. So I also unzipped the apps to the program folders on the X directories, and then I was able to change the shortcut loctations to point to the X directories.
I then committed to changes to the boot.wim file as above, copied to the flash drive.
I have now added cystaldiskinfo, windirstat, winxdvd ripper, imgburn and rufus to the image, and it all works fine.
Then I used imgburn to create an updated iso.
I have also added a couple of useful shortcuts to notepad, and wordpad (so I even have basic word processing ability).
Thanks Kyhi for the excellent tip that gave me a clue how to add stuff - I am now going to add other stuff and shortcuts etc.
The next challenge is to work out how to print from the Winpe drive! I am thinking of a google cloud print solution so I do not need lots of printer drivers.
Last edited by cereberus; 09 Feb 2016 at 15:36.