Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

  1. ineuw's Avatar
    Posts : 407
    Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 rel 19042.928
       #1491

    Win14393PESE_x64 ISO v170116 won't boot. - Downloaded the ISO, compared the SHA256 sum (OK), burned it to a USB drive with Rufus 3.14, but it won't boot. Switched to Etcher and it reports that the ISO is not bootable, even though I see the boot files etc.

      My Computers

  2. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 15,589
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1492

    ineuw said:
    Win14393PESE_x64 ISO v170116 won't boot. - Downloaded the ISO, compared the SHA256 sum (OK), burned it to a USB drive with Rufus 3.14, but it won't boot. Switched to Etcher and it reports that the ISO is not bootable, even though I see the boot files etc.

    You don't need to use any third party software to make the USB flash drive with. In a command prompt (Admin) or powershell (admin) run:

    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <- replace # with the actual number of the USB flash drive
    clean <- this will erase the drive selected above, make sure it is the USB flash drive!
    create part pri
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign
    active
    exit
    exit

    Then mount the ISO file and copy the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive. It will be bootable in both legacy BIOS/CSM modes and UEFI.
      My Computer

  3. ineuw's Avatar
    Posts : 407
    Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 rel 19042.928
       #1493

    NavyLCDR, thanks and consider yourself promoted to Rear-Admiral.
      My Computers

  4. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 15,589
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1494

    ineuw said:
    NavyLCDR, thanks and consider yourself promoted to Rear-Admiral.
    I've already been promoted to retired From the Navy, anyway.
      My Computer

  5. ineuw's Avatar
    Posts : 407
    Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 rel 19042.928
       #1495

    , congrats. at least we both share the retired rank.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Home
       #1496

    Every time I try to download the latest x64 ISO using the link from post #1 (toolslib.net) the download stops at around 50mb. Is there a mirror available?
      My Computer

  7. ineuw's Avatar
    Posts : 407
    Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 rel 19042.928
       #1497

    DarkSpectrum said:
    Every time I try to download the latest x64 ISO using the link from post #1 (toolslib.net) the download stops at around 50mb. Is there a mirror available?
    Which ISO are you referring to??
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Home
       #1498

    ineuw said:
    Which ISO are you referring to??
    Latest x64 in post #1 = Win14393PESE_x64 ISO v170116
      My Computer

  9. ineuw's Avatar
    Posts : 407
    Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 rel 19042.928
       #1499

    There must be something wrong at your end, perhaps a connection problem. Just downloaded it from ToolsLib


    winpese-x64-14393_17.01.16.iso 365,275 KB

    I was wrong because my download also stopped at 365,275 KB when the file is 1.2GB. I already have this file - downloaded on December 11, 2017.
    Last edited by ineuw; 25 Feb 2019 at 05:18. Reason: Updating info mentioned in post
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Home
       #1500

    ineuw said:
    There must be something wrong at your end, perhaps a connection problem. Just downloaded it from ToolsLib

    winpese-x64-14393_17.01.16.iso 365,275 KB
    Isn't the file size 1.2GB? Your file looks like its only 365MB.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums