Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk


  1. Posts : 15
    Windows 7/10
       #1091

    I'm gonna try to run the modify on your boot.wim again and then simply rebuild it without making any changes to see if it still crashes.
      My Computer

  2. Kyhi's Avatar
    Posts : 3,606
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #1092

    good way to test. Program..

    You are boot for USB ?
    On x86 PC Or x64 PC?

    if x64 PC secure boot has to be disabled.
    If booting x86 partition from x64 PC Boot Menu - not gonna happen without error
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 15
    Windows 7/10
       #1093

    I used your boot.wim and extracted it. Made no changes to any programs and then finalized and captured it. Then copied it back to my flash drive.

    It crashed. So it has something to do with recreating it. Again i made NO changes to your boot.wim.

    Are there any Windows dependencies that may have been overlooked?
      My Computer

  4. Kyhi's Avatar
    Posts : 3,606
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #1094

    Program uses wimlib-imagex.exe to mount and capture

    wimlib-imagex.exe and libwim-15.dll are located in BIN folder
      My Computer

  5. Kyhi's Avatar
    Posts : 3,606
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #1095

    Just tested Mount and Capture Only on x64 boot.wim
    Original works and Mount and Capture boot.wim Fails winload.efi error

    So same results different arch
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 15
    Windows 7/10
       #1096

    Kyhi said:
    Program uses wimlib-imagex.exe to mount and capture

    wimlib-imagex.exe and libwim-15.dll are located in BIN folder
    I updated both of those to the latest versions with no luck.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 15
    Windows 7/10
       #1097

    Kyhi said:
    Just tested Mount and Capture Only on x64 boot.wim
    Original works and Mount and Capture boot.wim Fails winload.efi error

    So same results different arch
    Yeah i get the winload.exe error.

    Thanks again for responding so quickly. I'll have to check back later today.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 15
    Windows 7/10
       #1098

    Kyhi said:
    Just tested Mount and Capture Only on x64 boot.wim
    Original works and Mount and Capture boot.wim Fails winload.efi error

    So same results different arch

    Kyhi, What's the latest?
      My Computer

  9. Kyhi's Avatar
    Posts : 3,606
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #1099

    Try using DISM commands in windows 10 to mount and then capture the changes in the boot.wim

    create a "Temp" folder on C:\
    create a "Mount" folder in "Temp" Folder

    Copy boot.wim into "temp" folder

    run following dism command to mount boot.wim
    Code:
    Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:"C:\temp\boot.wim" /Index:1 /MountDir:C:\temp\mount
    update the files in the "Temp\Mount" folder

    then run the following dism command
    Code:
    Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\Temp\mount /Commit
    Test boot new Boot.wim
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 15
    Windows 7/10
       #1100

    Kyhi said:
    Try using DISM commands in windows 10 to mount and then capture the changes in the boot.wim

    create a "Temp" folder on C:\
    create a "Mount" folder in "Temp" Folder

    Copy boot.wim into "temp" folder

    run following dism command to mount boot.wim
    Code:
    Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:"C:\temp\boot.wim" /Index:1 /MountDir:C:\temp\mount
    update the files in the "Temp\Mount" folder

    then run the following dism command
    Code:
    Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\Temp\mount /Commit
    Test boot new Boot.wim


    Works perfectly! Did everything on Windows 10 Pro X64 and then boot tested it on 2 other pc's. No errors and CCleaner even works!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums