Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
  1.    31 May 2017 #1011
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,909
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbatman View Post
    I was asking if the program provided here I'd better than Macrium
    I saw Navy's post, but I'm not sure how you can compare the two. They are for different purposes. Yes.....Macrium is included in Kyhi's tool, as a part of bootable rescue tools. But it's not the same as having it installed. What am I missing here?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    31 May 2017 #1012
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,122
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbatman View Post
    I was asking if the program provided here I'd better than Macrium
    If you want to use Macrium for your back up program, you need to have it fully installed separately.

    Only part of Macrium is included in Kyhi's Rescue tool, it will not back up you OS drive.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    31 May 2017 #1013
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,462
    Win10 1607

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbatman View Post
    Is this as good as Macrium?
    they are for different Purposes I use Both , (both are excellent) but you can access Macrium Backups from Kyhi's Disk ...if you have already made backups previously , it is one of the programs On Kyhi's Rescue Disk


    KB
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 May 2017 #1014
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,144
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    I saw Navy's post, but I'm not sure how you can compare the two. They are for different purposes. Yes.....Macrium is included in Kyhi's tool, as a part of bootable rescue tools. But it's not the same as having it installed. What am I missing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    If you want to use Macrium for your back up program, you need to have it fully installed separately.

    Only part of Macrium is included in Kyhi's Rescue tool, it will not back up you OS drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbird View Post
    they are for different Purposes I use Both , (both are excellent) but you can access Macrium Backups from Kyhi's Disk ...if you have already made backups previously , it is one of the programs On Kyhi's Rescue Disk


    KB
    I guess I have a different version of Kyhi's Recovery Tools somehow because the Macrium included in Kyhi's Recovery Tools that I boot into has full functionality of both creating images and restoring them. The only functionality you lose when running Macrium Reflect from Kyhi's Recovery Tools is automatic scheduling. I answered the question asked that Kyhi's Recovery Tools was better than Macrium meaning that it is better than the boot disk created by Macrium Reflect because Kyhi's has all the other programs on it as well.

    When I get a brand new computer, I like to boot it with Kyhi's Recovery Tools first and make an image of the hard drive before I even boot from the hard drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Jun 2017 #1015
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,462
    Win10 1607

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I guess I have a different version of Kyhi's Recovery Tools somehow because the Macrium included in Kyhi's Recovery Tools that I boot into has full functionality of both creating images and restoring them. The only functionality you lose when running Macrium Reflect from Kyhi's Recovery Tools is automatic scheduling. I answered the question asked that Kyhi's Recovery Tools was better than Macrium meaning that it is better than the boot disk created by Macrium Reflect because Kyhi's has all the other programs on it as well.

    When I get a brand new computer, I like to boot it with Kyhi's Recovery Tools first and make an image of the hard drive before I even boot from the hard drive.
    I just meant that if you haven't made a backup previously, Macrium on Kyhi's Disk is not going to help you either, I cannot confirm what Computiac said about backing up the OS Drive as I have not tried it from Kyhi's Disk, I don't personally use that Option anyway, though if you used that option in Macrium while Using Kyhi's Disk I would assume it would look at Kyhi's Disk (running OS) not your Windows install on C: \ ........ Yes/No???? .

    I am not sure why you could not backup C:\ by doing it yourself manually though?


    KB
    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    01 Jun 2017 #1016
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,250
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.483

    Quote Originally Posted by Kbird View Post
    though if you used that option in Macrium while Using Kyhi's Disk I would assume it would look at Kyhi's Disk (running OS) not your Windows install on C: \ ........ Yes/No???? . .
    No, you pick the drive and partitions to backup and where to backup to via the Macrium GUI.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    01 Jun 2017 #1017
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,462
    Win10 1607

    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    No, you pick the drive and partitions to backup and where to backup to via the Macrium GUI.
    Thanks for confirmation ..thats what I normally do too.


    Can't figure out why I can't get the Kyhi Rescue Partition to Work though that's mentioned in the OP
    have tried it at the biginning and end of Drive now , FAT32 ,Active etc made no difference still getting a 0xC0000225 Error and a device that can't be accessed.



    KB
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Jun 2017 #1018
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,250
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.483

    Works well for me. Mine is a partition at the end of Disk 1. It's a NTFS formatted Primary partition.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diskman.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	137744
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    02 Jun 2017 #1019
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,462
    Win10 1607

    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    Works well for me. Mine is a partition at the end of Disk 1. It's a NTFS formatted Primary partition.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diskman.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	137744
    I've tried 4-5GB partitions at the beginning and end of Disk 2 ( I have a SSD for OS and a RAID0 Array) , I used Fat32 as it's an older X58A MB without a Full UEFI Bios , not sure if that is the issue or not ? even Macrium's "add Macrium Recovery to the Bootloader" Option does not work , I get the same Error . I see your Partition is NTFS , so I am guessing you are fully UEFI.... Do disks need to be GPT? or is MBR ok? I am thinking it is a Bios issue at this point...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	137747
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    03 Jun 2017 #1020
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,250
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.483

    See what @KYHI or @NavyLCDR have to say.

    My rig is a full UEFI with GPT partitions.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved How to make active@boot disk bootable on uefi/gpt?
Hey Guys Does anyone know how this software can be configured to boot from usb on uefi/gpt. I formatted usb using rufus on the relevant mode then dragged over the contents of another usb where it does work on bios/mbr set up. But when booting...
Installation and Upgrade
Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation
Have a new Double Power 8.1 Tablet that I've upgraded to Win 10. Now I've got it set up just right, I'm attempting to create a Rescue Disk. Purchased a 16gb micro-usb drive which is successfully recognized. Ran 'Create Rescue Disk' from Windows...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Win 10 Rescue disk
I have a new laptop with win 7 pro installed. Once Win 10 is installed in July how will I be able to create a system restore disk?
Installation and Upgrade
Solved MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!!
Just sharing this. I made another boo-boo today and deleted 500GB worth of media files (just movies and music). Don't ask me how because that's something nobody wants to do. :) I don't keep a backup of these files. For me these are disposable...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:01.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums