Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    22 Oct 2015 #21
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,080
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    One more thing, I almost forgot. Go to Task Scheduler work your way down to Microsoft > Windows > WS(at the bottom) and click. In the window you will see 2 tasks. WSTASK and License Validation. in the actions window click run. You might have to enable one or the other. Let them run about a minute, then click refresh. Then you can try your store apps.

    This is about the last troubleshoot that I can think of, for your problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	44106
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    22 Oct 2015 #22
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    One more thing, I almost forgot. Go to Task Scheduler work your way down to Microsoft > Windows > WS(at the bottom) and click. In the window you will see 2 tasks. WSTASK and License Validation. in the actions window click run. You might have to enable one or the other. Let them run about a minute, then click refresh. Then you can try your store apps.

    This is about the last troubleshoot that I can think of, for your problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	44106
    I tried this right now. Im sorry to say, no change.
    App will still not open/start.
    Thanks anyway
    Tommy
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Oct 2015 #23
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    One more thing, I almost forgot. Go to Task Scheduler work your way down to Microsoft > Windows > WS(at the bottom) and click. In the window you will see 2 tasks. WSTASK and License Validation. in the actions window click run. You might have to enable one or the other. Let them run about a minute, then click refresh. Then you can try your store apps.

    This is about the last troubleshoot that I can think of, for your problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	44106
    Hi again. Later I noticed something strange. Maybe you are on the right track......
    What I noticed was that when I started WSTask the latest result was "cannot find the file (0x80070002)"
    License validation seems to run OK.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Oct 2015 #24
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,080
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Morfar Jinko View Post
    Hi again. Later I noticed something strange. Maybe you are on the right track......
    What I noticed was that when I started WSTask the latest result was "cannot find the file (0x80070002)"
    License validation seems to run OK.
    Mine say's that too, it's nothing to worry about,
    I even had to enable that one.
    I believe it's a "left over" from the old windows store, which 10 still had well into the insider Previews.
    From what I have gleaned and figured out,, these two are what license syncing in the Windows 8 store is.
    If you have noticed, this option is not in the new store. Instead it's done during automatic maintenance.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    22 Oct 2015 #25
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Mine say's that too, it's nothing to worry about,
    I even had to enable that one.
    I believe it's a "left over" from the old windows store, which 10 still had well into the insider Previews.
    From what I have gleaned and figured out,, these two are what license syncing in the Windows 8 store is.
    If you have noticed, this option is not in the new store. Instead it's done during automatic maintenance.
    Thanks. So, status quo?! Any idea how to continue?
    Wait for the november update of Win 10?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    22 Oct 2015 #26
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,080
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Morfar Jinko View Post
    Thanks. So, status quo?! Any idea how to continue?
    Wait for the november update of Win 10?
    Personally if it was my PC I would try the repair install. I have used it a couple of time(during preview and once after RTM) and it worked for me. It saves everything, and just reapris Windows system files. You just need to make sure to check your time zone setting and location settings in privacy. And when you're sure everything works, run Disk Cleanup to get rid of the Windows.old files to get your disk space back.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    23 Oct 2015 #27
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Personally if it was my PC I would try the repair install. I have used it a couple of time(during preview and once after RTM) and it worked for me. It saves everything, and just reapris Windows system files. You just need to make sure to check your time zone setting and location settings in privacy. And when you're sure everything works, run Disk Cleanup to get rid of the Windows.old files to get your disk space back.
    Thanks Cliff.
    Thing is that I have already tried repair install but it failed. Got error "Modern Setup Host has stopped working".
    Well, that was back in august-september time frame.
    I can give it another try, download och create a new media.
    Tommy
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    23 Oct 2015 #28
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,080
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    23 Oct 2015 #29
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro

    Hi Cliff.
    First try gave Modern Setup Host has stopped working.
    Second try, in clean boot mode according to the recommendation in the article, gave me a black screen. I could not do anything since I saw nothing. After forced power off/on and a normal boot, again a black screen. Suddenly black screen after each reboot.
    No matter clean boot or normal boot.
    I am glad I did a fresh image backup (Macrium Reflect) before. Did a restore and all back to normal again.
    Let me put it this way: I DO NOT TRUST WINDOWS 10 !
    I think I rather wait for the big november update release. Rumors say there will be a lot bugfixing.......
    Thanks anyway Cliff. You gave me some hope........
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    23 Oct 2015 #30
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,080
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Morfar Jinko View Post
    Hi Cliff.
    First try gave Modern Setup Host has stopped working.
    Second try, in clean boot mode according to the recommendation in the article, gave me a black screen. I could not do anything since I saw nothing. After forced power off/on and a normal boot, again a black screen. Suddenly black screen after each reboot.
    No matter clean boot or normal boot.
    I am glad I did a fresh image backup (Macrium Reflect) before. Did a restore and all back to normal again.
    Let me put it this way: I DO NOT TRUST WINDOWS 10 !
    I think I rather wait for the big november update release. Rumors say there will be a lot bugfixing.......
    Thanks anyway Cliff. You gave me some hope........
    You're welcome. Sorry we couldn't find something that would fix it now. But yeah, maybe for your problem it's better to waitClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Crossing my fingers!!!.gif 
Views:	20 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	44208that it solves your problem then
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Cannot start any program suddenly on Windows 10
Hello, I just upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 two days ago. I installed Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 last night. Office seems working fine. However, this morning I cannot start any program, such as Adobe Reader and Google...
General Support
Does anyone's Windows 10 also suddenly went into Test Build Mode?
Yep, my Windows 10 just suddenly went into Test Mode with the small words at the bottom right of my screen which says,Test Mode, Windows 10, Build 10240. Is this normal? ~ Thanks in advance.
General Support
Windows 10 - Suddenly Crashing On Startup
Hi all, I have started experiencing some problems over the last few days in relation to the startup of Windows 10. I'm not overly sure why, but recently when I have been starting the computer for the first time in any given day, the wheel that...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Get Windows 10 icon disappears - I found out why.
The "Get Windows 10" icon disappeared from my task bar on July 29 and I was having difficulties figuring out why or what may have been wrong. Then I went and checked my graphics driver level and found I needed a new driver from NVidia that supported...
Windows Updates and Activation
Cortana finally gives weather in Celsius based on weather settings
Read more: Cortana finally gives weather in Celsius based on your weather settings | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:37.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums