ShowKeyPlus

Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Feb 2018 #791

    cereberus said: View Post
    Hi C,

    Any news on showkeyplus becoming a full Store app yet.

    I think you would really steal a march on other packages if we can tell people - get it from Store as people would trust it. If MS have got one thing right about Store apps, it is that people do believe app stores are safe to install.
    Nope, nothing to report on that front - I'm fed up with their apathy, TBH.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    07 Feb 2018 #792

    Superfly said: View Post
    Nope, nothing to report on that front - I'm fed up with their apathy, TBH.
    Herein lies big issue with Store I guess :-(.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,037
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       07 Feb 2018 #793

    Some SK+ YouTube vids I found:




    international:


    There are a lot more to Craig: showkeyplus - YouTube
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    08 Feb 2018 #794

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Some SK+ YouTube vids I found:
    There are a lot more to Craig: showkeyplus - YouTube
    Thanx Cliff...

    I have noticed very few use/know about Dark mode. (...or CLI mode for that matter)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Feb 2018 #795

    Superfly said: View Post
    I have noticed very few use/know about Dark mode. (...or CLI mode for that matter)
    I didn't know about either so I read post #1 and now I do :)

    I found an issue though. If you have the GUI open then the CLI doesn't work. It doesn't fail (give any message) - it just doesn't create the .txt. Close the GUI window and the file is created.

    I was using 1.0.6594 version and the command
    Code:
    "C:\Users\Hali\OneDrive\Programs\ShowKeyPlus.exe" "c:\users\hali\desktop\temp.txt"
    Also if you use the CLI to make the file .doc or .csv they open fine. .xls it will open OK but with a warning. .xlsx, .docx, .pdf don't open at all. Not sure if they should of course as you say "...or any text compatible extension, eg: .doc, .csv etc)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Feb 2018 #796

    lx07 said: View Post
    I didn't know about either so I read post #1 and now I do :)

    I found an issue though. If you have the GUI open then the CLI doesn't work. It doesn't fail (give any message) - it just doesn't create the .txt. Close the GUI window and the file is created.

    I was using 1.0.6594 version and the command
    Code:
    "C:\Users\Hali\OneDrive\Programs\ShowKeyPlus.exe" "c:\users\hali\desktop\temp.txt"
    Also if you use the CLI to make the file .doc or .csv they open fine. .xls it will open OK but with a warning. .xlsx, .docx, .pdf don't open at all. Not sure if they should of course as you say "...or any text compatible extension, eg: .doc, .csv etc)
    Not an issue really - it's by design to only run one instance at a time...

    I recall Softpedia had an issue 'cause we only save files as txt... but I don't see the big deal - perhaps with UWP version (where bling is the thing) we can save to HTML, PDF etc
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,642
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.134 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       08 Feb 2018 #797

    Superfly said: View Post
    perhaps with UWP version (where bling is the thing) we can save to HTML, PDF etc
    Hahaha! Just keep the TXT files or soon someone has the "great idea" that it should be made as a Power Point Presentation/Animation or a 4K Video...
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    08 Feb 2018 #798

    slicendice said: View Post
    Hahaha! Just keep the TXT files or soon someone has the "great idea" that it should be made as a Power Point Presentation/Animation or a 4K Video...
    LOL...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    08 Feb 2018 #799

    slicendice said: View Post
    Hahaha! Just keep the TXT files or soon someone has the "great idea" that it should be made as a Power Point Presentation/Animation or a 4K Video...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,037
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       08 Feb 2018 #800

    slicendice said: View Post
    Hahaha! Just keep the TXT files or soon someone has the "great idea" that it should be made as a Power Point Presentation/Animation or a 4K Video...
    This isn't funny

    I have seen many a software dev listen to what the users want, and in the end, the software turned into an overgrown bloatware monster

    One example off the top of my head: Windows 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49.
Find Us