ShowKeyPlus

  1. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,477
    1903
       #751

    cereberus said:
    I thought this was EU wide now.
    Iceland isn't in the EU and anyway they went bust during the banking crisis so probably need every penny they can get.
      My Computer

  2. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,332
    Windows10
       #752

    lx07 said:
    Iceland isn't in the EU and anyway they went bust during the banking crisis so probably need every penny they can get.
    Yeah I lose track of which are and are not. All EU countries do this now though. I have bought software from US to later get emails saying they had not collect vat. It applies to all imports over 18 in UK. I do not know how EU collects the vat though.
      My Computer

  3. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
    Thread Starter
       #753

    Got all development done for UWP... eg. accessing registry hives without loading into registry (by using MS' own offreg.dll component) and working without Admin rights, yet still can't compile the Appx due to fullTrust permissions error...

    With all these random issues I'm not surprised the Store is not flourishing.... and MS Store support are nowhere to be seen!

    Hellava frustrating trying to trial-and error these things!
      My Computer

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,308
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #754

    Superfly said:
    Got all development done for UWP... eg. accessing registry hives without loading into registry (by using MS' own offreg.dll component) and working without Admin rights, yet still can't compile the Appx due to fullTrust permissions error...

    With all these random issues I'm not surprised the Store is not flourishing.... and MS Store support are nowhere to be seen!

    Hellava frustrating trying to trial-and error these things!
    That explains why so many major companies are jumping ship from the app store then
      My Computers

  5. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
    Thread Starter
       #755

    Cliff S said:
    That explains why so many major companies are jumping ship from the app store then
    Totally agree, they so need to get their act together...WAAS is not gonna happen w/o Store.
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,387
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #756

    Superfly said:
    Totally agree, they so need to get their act together...WAAS is not gonna happen w/o Store.
    Don't mean to stir up the pot, but it's another classic case where the bean-counters are trying to code.
      My Computers


  7. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
    Thread Starter
       #757

    f14tomcat said:
    Don't mean to stir up the pot, but it's another classic case where the bean-counters are trying to code.
    Hmmmm... Tsk!

    ShowKeyPlus-200w_d.gif
      My Computer

  8. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
    Thread Starter
       #758

    ShowKeyPlusUWP V1.1.7.0


    So as it turns out, the compile error was an easy fix... just a default that neded to be over-ridden in the manifest (only MS and approved vendors get FullTrust...) oh, well.

    Releases · Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus · GitHub

    Passed Windows App Certification with flying colours :)

    Code:
    Windows App Certification Kit - Test Results
    App name:
    ShowKeyPlus
    App publisher:
    Superfly Inc.
    App version:
    1.1.7.0
    App Architecture:
    neutral
    Kit Version:
    10.0.16299.15
    OS Version:
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0.16299.0)
    OS Architecture:
    x64
    Report time:
    03/01/2018 19:22:44
    Overall result: PASSED
    User account control (UAC) test
    PASSED
    User account control run level
    Package compliance test
    PASSED
    Application count
    PASSED
    App manifest
    PASSED
    Registry checks
    Windows security features test
    PASSED
    Banned file analyzer
    PASSED
    Private code signing
    Supported API test
    PASSED
    Supported APIs
    App manifest resources tests
    PASSED
    App resources
    PASSED
    Branding
    App Capabilities test
    PASSED
    Special use capabilities
    Windows Runtime metadata validation
    PASSED
    ExclusiveTo attribute
    PASSED
    Type location
    PASSED
    Type name case-sensitivity
    PASSED
    Type name correctness
    PASSED
    General metadata correctness
    PASSED
    Properties
    Package sanity test
    PASSED
    Platform appropriate files
    Results for optional tests
    The tests in this section are informational only and will not be used to evaluate your
    app during Windows Store onboarding. Investigating failures is recommended to
    ensure that users will not be impacted.
    Digitally signed file test
    PASSED
    Install signed driver and executable files
    Package compliance test
    PASSED
    File association verbs
    Debug configuration test
    PASSED
    Debug configuration
    Package sanity test
    PASSED
    Archive files usage
    PASSED
    Blocked executables

    Code:
    Please note: Full instructions for installing the certificate under issues https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus/issues/14
    Additional info: https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/2577-showkeyplus-post1204091.html#post1204091
    Once it's installed further Appx's will install as an upgrade and separate certificate installation will no longer be necessary.
    
    Update:
    V1.1.1.0
    Correction: Loading hives is NOT fixed yet - even with the change from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_USERS (loading hives can only be done with elevation which is not allowed - need to implement an alternate method)
    - Removed elevation
    
    V1.1.2.0
    Fixed dll compile error.
    Signed Appx
    
    
    V1.1.7.0
    Fixed offline registry access (using offreg.dll) 
    - It will redirect to Regback folder with auto-discovery (forward arrow) - still need to update the title in the ''Retrieve Key'' dialog to that effect
    The config/SOFTWARE hive is owned by BUILTIN/Administrators which cannot be accessed by standard user - whereas the Regback/SOFTWARE hive is owned by System which can.
      My Computer

  9. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 15,923
    W10Prox64
       #759

    Superfly said:
    So as it turns out, the compile error was an easy fix... just a default that neded to be over-ridden in the manifest (only MS and approved vendors get FullTrust...) oh, well.

    Releases · Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus · GitHub

    Passed Windows App Certification with flying colours :)
    Congrats!
      My Computer

  10. hawkman's Avatar
    Posts : 650
    10 preview 64bit
       #760

    Hi @Superfly

    Over on seven have a user who was gifted a comp on retirement
    From Windows 7 enterprise to a home version - Windows 7 Help Forums

    basically the company purchased batches of Dell comps slammed Enterprise on them, KMS .
    In this case they were shipped with W8. PRO

    Now the more interesting part for you
    According to the Mgadiag tool there is a slic table presesnt and the W8 marker
    (Which i would expect as they came with downgrade rights to W7)
    However when i asked her to run ShowkeyPlus v 1 0 6477
    Hoping to confirm it had the Dell Pro product keys embedded
    (dont know what it is tho -W8 Pro )
    It provides the standard OEM key output
    BUT the
    OEM version shows as invalid

    Roy
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums