ShowKeyPlus

  1. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
    Thread Starter
       #551

    simrick said:
    Yeah, that was here:
    Can't update Windows 10 Anniversary - Page 7 - Windows 10 Forums

    That's the first time I've ever had anyone mention it to me, to be honest. That system is infected though, so ... yeah... working on that.
    I've run it on my systems with Defender for months and never had problems; I've also run it today with ESET without issue; also Avast (but that's been a few revs ago).

    EDIT: Just FYI - his Defender is not working properly.
    OK, that's sweet then... or maybe it's just Defender getting back at me for the nasty comments I made in the past.. LOL!
      My Computer

  2. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 15,923
    W10Prox64
       #552

    Superfly said:
    OK, that's sweet then... or maybe it's just Defender getting back at me for the nasty comments I made in the past.. LOL!
    Could be! The BSODs come next........
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
       #553

    Superfly said:
    Version 1.0.6125 has been released. This is a fix to 6084 (probably one of the shoddiest builds...)

    Those running it should get an update notice (when it works...LOL)
    All right, now we're talking! This build seems to work fine on both 32 and 64-bit Windows. The GitHub releases page seems to be acting weirder over time however. When I went there to check for 6125 I initially thought it had been removed because there seemed to be no mention of it. It was only when I scrolled down that I found that 6125 is for some reason being displayed in between 6080 and 6084.

    I must say though that personally since I have no need to check Win8/10 keys on Win7, 5835 is still better since it's more than 3x smaller than 6125.
      My Computer

  4. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
    Thread Starter
       #554

    RobertJ said:
    All right, now we're talking! This build seems to work fine on both 32 and 64-bit Windows. The GitHub releases page seems to be acting weirder over time however. When I went there to check for 6125 I initially thought it had been removed because there seemed to be no mention of it. It was only when I scrolled down that I found that 6125 is for some reason being displayed in between 6080 and 6084.

    I must say though that personally since I have no need to check Win8/10 keys on Win7, 5835 is still better since it's more than 3x smaller than 6125.
    Sweet! ... I think 5835 will always be the go-to version vs the newer fancy stuff ( kindof like the Win 7 of ShowKey's)

    I will clean up the Github page and just leave 5835 as the only pre-release with 6125 as latest.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 98
    Win 7 Ultimate
       #555

    Superfly said:
    Sweet! ... I think 5835 will always be the go-to version vs the newer fancy stuff ( kindof like the Win 7 of ShowKey's)

    I will clean up the Github page and just leave 5835 as the only pre-release with 6125 as latest.
    Which one has the command line arguments/ parameters support?
      My Computer

  6. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
    Thread Starter
       #556

    xbliss said:
    Which one has the command line arguments/ parameters support?
    It will be the latest one...
      My Computer


  7. lavalian's Avatar
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #557

    Excellant tool Superfly! A+++
      My Computer

  8. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
    Thread Starter
       #558

    lavalian said:
    Excellant tool Superfly! A+++
    Thanx

    It's humbling how well it's been received - there was one site that has translated it into Chinese ( assume using Resource Hacker to change the static strings) on another site Google translate referred to keys as cereals ( meaning serials) ... LOL!
      My Computer

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,308
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #559

    Superfly said:
    Thanx

    It's humbling how well it's been received - there was one site that has translated it into Chinese ( assume using Resource Hacker to change the static strings) on another site Google translate referred to keys as cereals ( meaning serials) ... LOL!
    It is still an important tool Craig.
    The 7,8, and 8.1 keys can still make a crappy OEM Win10 Home version to Pro, right?
    Or not?
      My Computers

  10. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
    Thread Starter
       #560

    Cliff S said:
    It is still an important tool Craig.
    The 7,8, and 8.1 keys can still make a crappy OEM Win10 Home version to Pro, right?
    Or not?
    Yah, I posted a while back a little something in one of Shawn's tutorial threads about using those keys to do the upgrade.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums