Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Aug 2016 #501

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Really good Craig!
    I like how the "extras" work too.
    And the orange pop-up
    Nice... The pop-ups are color-coded.
    Red="A catastophic error has occured and the world will end soon...", Orange ="Hey, are you sure?", Green -"Just in case you didn't know..." etc

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Works here too Craig, and I like the black background option, and it stays that way after I choose it. Nice Job as Always
    Thnx M.

    Edwin said: View Post
    Came up correct on my 'cheapie' W10H tablet as well!

    Attachment 98576
    That edition is not supported somehow... will need to look into that!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       20 Sep 2016 #502

    Edwin said: View Post
    I am getting the same nullptr error with the latest release and wanted to submit an error report, but good thing I checked first because the exact same issue has already been reported by someone with no response. So I googled to find this forum thread and thought maybe I can remind the developer to check his GitHub repo's issue list whenever he has time. Thanks to him BTW for an otherwise nice utility.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    22 Sep 2016 #503

    @RobertJ and @Edwin

    OK guys, thanx for the feedback - I will need your keys though, to analyze/debug the cause of that error... or you can invite me over to your place and I can do it there?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       22 Sep 2016 #504

    Superfly said: View Post
    I will need your keys though, to analyze/debug the cause of that error...
    Unfortunately the Win10 Home machine whose OEM Edition is not supported is not mine, but I'll certainly ask the owner and if I get their consent I'll PM you the key. Meanwhile could you at least add some error checking so that instead of users seeing an ugly nullptr error they are shown a message like "Edition not supported, please contact the developer" instead?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    22 Sep 2016 #505

    RobertJ said: View Post
    Unfortunately the Win10 Home machine whose OEM Edition is not supported is not mine, but I'll certainly ask the owner and if I get their consent I'll PM you the key. Meanwhile could you at least add some error checking so that instead of users seeing an ugly nullptr error they are shown a message like "Edition not supported, please contact the developer" instead?
    Will do.. Thanx.

    I replied to the issues on Github as well .. there are few things in this build that need revisiting.

    BTW... I thought initially it may be due to an old Windows 8.0 config. that is no longer supported - but if Windows 10 upgraded with it, then it is valid.

    Will have to get an old Win 8 iso to check.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       23 Sep 2016 #506

    Hello,

    Please forgive me if this has been addressed, but is there any way Showkey can find the Windows 8.1 Pro retail key I used to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro if the OS drive on said computer was wiped after upgrade and then Windows 10 was clean reinstalled on it after the upgrade? I ran Showkey on all 3 of my PC's upgraded in this manner and it only shows the generic installed key, not the original key on any of them.

    (My family has three such PC's and I can't remember which of the three Windows 8.1 Pro licenses goes with each computer).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,288
    Windows10
       23 Sep 2016 #507

    nikr said: View Post
    Hello,

    Please forgive me if this has been addressed, but is there any way Showkey can find the Windows 8.1 Pro retail key I used to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro if the OS drive on said computer was wiped after upgrade and then Windows 10 was clean reinstalled on it after the upgrade? I ran Showkey on all 3 of my PC's upgraded in this manner and it only shows the generic installed key, not the original key on any of them.

    (My family has three such PC's and I can't remember which of the three Windows 8.1 Pro licenses goes with each computer).
    You do not need key if you reinstall Windows 10. If you reinstall 8.1, use any of the three keys really, and if it objects key is in use on another pc, select next one and try that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,007
    W10Prox64
       23 Sep 2016 #508

    nikr said: View Post
    Hello,

    Please forgive me if this has been addressed, but is there any way Showkey can find the Windows 8.1 Pro retail key I used to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro if the OS drive on said computer was wiped after upgrade and then Windows 10 was clean reinstalled on it after the upgrade? I ran Showkey on all 3 of my PC's upgraded in this manner and it only shows the generic installed key, not the original key on any of them.

    (My family has three such PC's and I can't remember which of the three Windows 8.1 Pro licenses goes with each computer).
    No, you'll have to locate your original retail key(s) from the purchase you made.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       23 Sep 2016 #509

    OK. I still have all three keys, just wondering if there was a way to tell which belonged to which.

    Thanks for the replies.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       25 Sep 2016 #510

    nikr said: View Post
    OK. I still have all three keys, just wondering if there was a way to tell which belonged to which.
    If the systems came with Windows 8 or 8.1 pre-installed and there is no COA sticker (i.e. the keys are embedded in the BIOS/UEFI), I believe it should be possible to retrieve the keys from the firmware.

    @Superfly: In fact I'm surprised ShowKeyPlus doesn't do this, unless I'm missing something? Why should a clean install of Windows 10 affect OEM:DM key retrieval from the firmware?

    BTW, is there a way to make Win7 key lookup faster? Currently it takes a really long time, and the program remains stuck at "Retrieving edition..." with no indication whether it's hung or still working. If the lookup can't be sped up then perhaps a progress bar can be added?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums