Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6,428
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Jul 2016 #441

    Juggernaut said: View Post
    Bro I was getting around that but it seems that I different approach to getting a new windows is working well so far.

    Do you think I'm good my windows 8.1 is going to expire on 8th next month.Damn and yeah I can't find the windows.old folder its nowhere to be found.PS Can you simply explain to me in very noob terms that the Iso image is for a divert purpose because the software hive is busy with my current windows ..aye?
    The Windows ISO file that you are downloading is for installing Windows 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 8.1
       21 Jul 2016 #442

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    The Windows ISO file that you are downloading is for installing Windows 10.
    I know so will it ask for a product key for my current windows on installing??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    21 Jul 2016 #443

    Something interesting... after upgrading a Win 10 Pro MAK activated install...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	91325

    The BBBB is due to the MAK key being removed from the registry and will thus show as invalid.

    I got a Win 10 Pro generic MAK activation - no mention of digital entitlement tho'...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	91326

    Interesting that the generic MAK remains there, whereas the genuine MAK gets removed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6,428
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Jul 2016 #444

    Juggernaut said: View Post
    I know so will it ask for a product key for my current windows on installing??
    If there is not a Windows 8 or 10 product key stored in the computer's BIOS/firmware, it will ask for a product key. If Windows 10 was activated on the same computer before, then you can skip entering the product key. As long as the same version of Windows 10 is installed on the same computer that it was installed on before, it will activate itself.

    No previous Windows 10 activated on that computer, or you install a different version of Windows 10, then you need to provide a product key to activate it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 8.1
       22 Jul 2016 #445

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    If there is not a Windows 8 or 10 product key stored in the computer's BIOS/firmware, it will ask for a product key. If Windows 10 was activated on the same computer before, then you can skip entering the product key. As long as the same version of Windows 10 is installed on the same computer that it was installed on before, it will activate itself.

    No previous Windows 10 activated on that computer, or you install a different version of Windows 10, then you need to provide a product key to activate it.
    Bro My laptop was asking to upgrade my windows 8.1 to 10 ever since I got it ,But thing is I only decided to do so after it starting to ask for a product key and I somehow got it even messed up with all those loaders and activators.Can I undo those?
    Whats funny and stupid too is that I'm downloading windows 10 through microsofts windows creation tool not the actual desktop upgrade to windows 10 widget which was asking me to activate my windows 8.1 which is due to expire on 8th next month.
    so far given wat I just said do you think I'll be okay now? since windows creation tool is downloading windows 10 but its $hit slow man microsoft servers are slow given I got only 500 something kb/ps DL speed :P
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6,428
    Windows 10 Pro
       22 Jul 2016 #446

    Juggernaut said: View Post
    after it starting to ask for a product key and I somehow got it even messed up with all those loaders and activators.Can I undo those?
    Start saving your money to buy yourself a legal license for Windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 8.1
       22 Jul 2016 #447

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Start saving your money to buy yourself a legal license for Windows.
    Whaaaaa ,Bro Aint nobody paying microsoft : @ certainly not me ,theey too generous to be paid
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2014
    Central West NSW Australia
    Posts : 385
    7 and 10 on various machines
       22 Jul 2016 #448

    Just as matter of interest/curiosity just say for example the mobo dies in the upgraded machine are Microsoft going to let you install the 10 onto another new mobo in the same machine or a spare machine for that matter. I only ask because two of my machines are upgrades using a 7 Home and a 7 Pro key and if not then I am up for anew machine?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,007
    W10Prox64
       22 Jul 2016 #449

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Start saving your money to buy yourself a legal license for Windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2014
    Central West NSW Australia
    Posts : 385
    7 and 10 on various machines
       22 Jul 2016 #450

    Juggernaut said: View Post
    Whaaaaa ,Bro Aint nobody paying microsoft : @ certainly not me ,theey too generous to be paid
    Well mate you are going to pay up for something cos there are no free lunches and as I understand it 7 is going to turn it's toes up at the very least and eventually become like XP. I am not sure but I think Navy and Brink will put you right on how you stand with your 7 key once you are using 10 on your machine.

    Just for the record I was dead against having it when the offer went out but now it has improved in many ways that had me up in arms and it isn't so bad now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums