Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Jan 2016 #261
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,009
    Windows 10 IoT

    I think the old key still being there is just a leftover from the upgrade, not necessarily on purpose. It's originally stored in more than one place. It only gets updated in one of them. If you run the MGA diag tool I think you'll see the product code is listed in several places. Just a hunch, I'm no expert on this stuff by any means.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Jan 2016 #262
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 4,898
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I think the old key still being there is just a leftover from the upgrade, not necessarily on purpose. It's originally stored in more than one place. It only gets updated in one of them. If you run the MGA diag tool I think you'll see the product code is listed in several places. Just a hunch, I'm no expert on this stuff by any means.
    Yeah that makes more sense to me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    26 Feb 2016 #263
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 12
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Yeah that makes more sense to me.
    =================================================================================
    Thanks for information on ShowKeyPLus .
    However, I have a question as follows -
    There is a software available on Cnet also . I used this tool ( Product Key Finder/Viewer ) and found that the Key codes are different , other than ShowKeyPlus . Which is correct / authentic ? Are you sure that ShowKeyPlus is reliable ? Could you please explain . Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    26 Feb 2016 #264
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,009
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by garg View Post
    =================================================================================
    Thanks for information on ShowKeyPLus .
    However, I have a question as follows -
    There is a software available on Cnet also . I used this tool ( Product Key Finder/Viewer ) and found that the Key codes are different , other than ShowKeyPlus . Which is correct / authentic ? Are you sure that ShowKeyPlus is reliable ? Could you please explain . Thanks
    Different how? Completely different key, or a different OS version reported? Screen shots would help, just blank out all but the last 5 digits of the key.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    26 Feb 2016 #265
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 12
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Different how? Completely different key, or a different OS version reported? Screen shots would help, just blank out all but the last 5 digits of the key.
    ===================================================================================

    Totally different . The last 5 digits are - Cnet : - MY47H ; ShowKeyPlus : - 8HVX9 . How it could be different ? You could yourself check for your system by visiting Cnet . Which is correct / authentic ? Please check and let me know your conclusion . Thanks
    ===========================================
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    27 Feb 2016 #266
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 4,898
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by garg View Post
    ===================================================================================

    Totally different . The last 5 digits are - Cnet : - MY47H ; ShowKeyPlus : - 8HVX9 . How it could be different ? You could yourself check for your system by visiting Cnet . Which is correct / authentic ? Please check and let me know your conclusion . Thanks
    ===========================================
    Post screen images blanking all but last five digits as asked. so we can see motre info. Hard to diagnose playing 20 questions.

    I have never seen showkeyplus get it wrong since I started using it.

    Use produkey as a cross check.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    27 Feb 2016 #267
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,009
    Windows 10 IoT

    A link to the specific key finder from CNeT that you used would help too. There are so many out there it would guesswork trying to find the exact one your talking about. I'm sure they've reviewed more than just one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    27 Feb 2016 #268
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,009
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I have never seen showkeyplus get it wrong since I started using it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    27 Feb 2016 #269
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,875
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10

    Attachment 66607
    Attachment 66608

    The OEM Key is the embedded key
    the installed key is the current activation key
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    27 Feb 2016 #270
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 12
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    A link to the specific key finder from CNeT that you used would help too. There are so many out there it would guesswork trying to find the exact one your talking about. I'm sure they've reviewed more than just one.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please download at - (Microsoft Windows Product Key Viewer - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com ) and crosscheck yourself . Thanks .

    ============================================================
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:42.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums