Windows 10: ShowKeyPlus
So, as Alphanumeric suggested, I am posting also here my problem with Windows 10.
Let me shortly recap:
- I have this Teclast tablet with Androdi Kitkat and Windows 8.1 (later discovered that is Windows 8.1 with Bing, aka Windows 8.1 RTM CoreConnected). I've saved the serial number
- I would really like to update to Windows 10, but, as suggested from user of Teclast Tablet in some forums, updating directly from Win8.1 would make the tablet laggy, so I formatted it and tried to make a clean Windows 10 HOME install (taking the ISO from Microsoft MediaCreatorTool)
- While installing Windows10, it asked for the serial. I inserted the saved one (from the preinstalled Windows 8.1) and it said that is not a valid serial
- Then I tried to install Windows 8.1 again (always taking the HOME version from MediaCreatorTool). While installing it says that the serial is not valid again
- Then, as suggested in this forum, I've checked the saved serial with ShowKeyPlus, and it says that is a serial for Windows 8.1 RTM CoreConnected OEM: DM
So now, what can I do to have an activated Windows 10 version, or at least an activated Windows 8.1 version?
Thanks in advance again
You should probably post a screen shot of you showkey screen, click the keys so some numbers are x'd out first. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html
This is the original thread, Windows 10 serial on OEM I asked him to post here because I wasn't sure what Core Connected was, looks like its the With Bing edition. Just looking for confirmation of that really.
CoreConnected - is in fact BING Edition
Should be able to install Windows 10 Home (10586) using the embedded key -
when asked to enter key just skip..
when asked what edition - Home
Thank you, that's what I thought. With Bing
If it's a valid key shouldn't it just read it and use it automatically on install? I did a clean install on my wife's laptop and the OEM 8.0 Core key was used automatically. No edition select menu and no enter a key prompt. Home was installed automatically. If you look at the original thread I think he already did that and it won't accept his key. I think that's how it went. I'll have to go look at it again. Just got up and haven't even had my first cup of java yet.
Just wanted to give a little feedback on my testing creating PE from 10586
Unlike before where it pulled the Key from PE OS (10240)
PE 10586 now pulls this.. But retrieve key from backup works fine...
As it may be because of the change in the activation key process (no longer a default OS generic key in PE) ??
I get almost the same thing on this PC when I run it from 10586, OEM key and Installed key, no original key entry. That was on a clean install though. My installed key shows as the generic Pro key.
From 3rd August 2015, in reply to lolcocks on Page 6 of posts.
Are you still looking into it?
I have something similar and am wondering why this has occurred.
Thanx guys for the feedback...
I will PM JIT-enabled versions to check where it's breaking.
That is what WDT uses... it's Windows generated - WDT just reads the info from it.
Cliff S said:
Thanks for getting back.