ShowKeyPlus  


  1. Posts : 10,791
    Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 0n one desktop and running Window 11 Pro 22H2 on unsupported desktop
       #1441

    Yes Bree I knew there was no real difference I just thought that this site might come in handy for anyone who needs to get a new activation code for any reason and it is a very reasonable price considering.
    My current main laptop I know is activated by the generic activation code that was put in by a Microsoft support person during a LogMeIn type session after the OEM one that came with the machine did not work even though I checked it with Showkey.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 14,711
    Windows 10 IoT
       #1442

    Hmm, looks like I have a bunch of Windows 11 product keys and didn't know it. Actually I think I knew but just forgot. Non of my hardware officially supports Windows 11 though, lol.

    My main desktop PC and my Laptop both have multiple Digital Licenses. I can switch editions with a change product code, and just use the generic code for the edition I want. Right now I'm running Pro on both. It does what I need it to do.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 10,791
    Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 0n one desktop and running Window 11 Pro 22H2 on unsupported desktop
       #1443

    alphanumeric said:
    Hmm, looks like I have a bunch of Windows 11 product keys and didn't know it. Actually I think I knew but just forgot. Non of my hardware officially supports Windows 11 though, lol.

    My main desktop PC and my Laptop both have multiple Digital Licenses. I can switch editions with a change product code, and just use the generic code for the edition I want. Right now I'm running Pro on both. It does what I need it to do.
    mate have you tried the unsupported version of Windows 11 on one of your machines as I have an older Ivy Bridge with a new hard drive put in it I installed 10 Pro on it and then just upgraded it using the correct ISO to Windows 11 and it works fine. If I need to go back to Windows 10 I always have my original hard drive to just reconnect to. I do occasionally update that drive with updates that come through to keep it a viable working OS - then switch back to the new drive to run Windows 11 just means swapping the SATA cable from drive to drive.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 27,700
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1444

    alphanumeric said:
    Non of my hardware officially supports Windows 11 though, lol.
    If I can run Windows 11 on this (21H2 or the 22H2 release preview) then it will run on anything
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 14,711
    Windows 10 IoT
       #1445

    I thought about trying it on my laptop, just couldn't find my round 2it. I don't want to mess with my desktop PC. It's my main machine and its just fine as it is on Windows 10.
    Another option is to give the Windows on Arm version a go my Pi 400. I can just swap Micro SD cards on that to switch operating systems.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 66
    windows 10 Ver1909 build 18363,1256
       #1446

    im trying to get my key from a hard drive that wont boot but files are accessible, using retrieve key and clicking on the Software file i get an error retrieving offline instillation key

    how do i get around this or what else can i try?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 3,453
    Thread Starter
       #1447

    Maximusheadroom said:
    im trying to get my key from a hard drive that wont boot but files are accessible, using retrieve key and clicking on the Software file i get an error retrieving offline instillation key

    how do i get around this or what else can i try?
    If there is no specific error code , I can't be sure. Can you zip the SOFTWARE file and upload it somewhere that I can grab it?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,544
    several
       #1448

    @Bree

    Bree said:
    If I can run Windows 11 on this (21H2 or the 22H2 release preview) then it will run on anything
    Have you considered upping it to 4gb?

    I have an Acer Aspire One D270 and it had a 1GB PC3 1333Mhz SODIMM installed so I decided to use a Hynix 4GB PC3 1600Mhz SODIMM and it worked great. In Windows Home Prem. it reserves 1GB of memory for hardware resources and there is 3GB usable. Much better
    https://twitter.com/EastCoastMods/st...89204061356032

    Acer Aspire ZE7 10″ Notebook Intel Atom N2600 1.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB Hard Disk Drive, Windows 10 Home, Webcam Refurbished | Lurex Electronics

    FireSword blog: September 2013

    Amazon.de
    Last edited by SIW2; 31 Aug 2022 at 21:12.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 10,791
    Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 0n one desktop and running Window 11 Pro 22H2 on unsupported desktop
       #1449

    Maximusheadroom said:
    im trying to get my key from a hard drive that wont boot but files are accessible, using retrieve key and clicking on the Software file i get an error retrieving offline instillation key

    how do i get around this or what else can i try?
    I don't know if I am speaking out of line but if it is an activation key you need then go to this site (all legit) Buy MS Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL-Lifetime at cdkeysales.com and find the right version of Windows you need and you can get a really good deal on an activation key. When you find the right one and then hit BUY when the promo code box opens enter BR09 and you will get a discount on your purchase just remember this is an OEM key you are getting. You can get retail keys from this site but at a more expensive rate.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 18,154
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1450

    ICIT2LOL said:
    I don't know if I am speaking out of line but if it is an activation key you need then go to this site (all legit) Buy MS Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL-Lifetime at cdkeysales.com and find the right version of Windows you need and you can get a really good deal on an activation key. When you find the right one and then hit BUY when the promo code box opens enter BR09 and you will get a discount on your purchase just remember this is an OEM key you are getting. You can get retail keys from this site but at a more expensive rate.
    He does not need a new product key. The system was previously activated on Windows 10 so it has a digital license stored on Microsoft Activation Servers.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:05.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums