ShowKeyPlus

  1. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
    Thread Starter
       #1291

    RK1997 said:
    I associated 1511 with 15063. My mistake. Regarding Upgrade, I have 9 actually. 1st one is that Education one, 2nd to 6th are of Home and 7-9 are of Pro.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Education one is GVLK, Home shows my OEM key, and Pro shows my OEM key (got it from Amazon but came to know that Microsoft doesn't support OEM licenses directly so changed that with a retail key).
    Attachment 262253
    Hmmm.. certainly strange that Education would be there... I certainly have not come across a rogue install testing various VM installs..

    I can only imagine it may get there when using a business edition ISO?

    Will have to wait and see if others report similar instances. Thanx for the feedback
      My Computer

  2. RK1997's Avatar
    Posts : 469
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64
       #1292

    Superfly said:
    Hmmm.. certainly strange that Education would be there... I certainly have not come across a rogue install testing various VM installs..

    I can only imagine it may get there when using a business edition ISO?

    Will have to wait and see if others report similar instances. Thanx for the feedback
    I tried using that GVLK key and it didn't activate. I then put my Pro key and it activated just like before.
      My Computers

  3. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
    Thread Starter
       #1293

    RK1997 said:
    I tried using that GVLK key and it didn't activate. I then put my Pro key and it activated just like before.
    Don't use that GVLK - it can only activate with a KMS server.
      My Computer

  4. RK1997's Avatar
    Posts : 469
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64
       #1294

    Superfly said:
    Don't use that GVLK - it can only activate with a KMS server.
    Ok.
      My Computers

  5. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
    Thread Starter
       #1295

    Preview v1.1.14.42987


    This update adds checking of remaining MAK count capability.

    This functionality requires internet access as it queries the MS servers.

    ShowKeyPlus-acrylic.png


    .. and yep, it gets the Acrylic treatment...
      My Computer

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,548
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1296

    Superfly said:

    .. and yep, it gets the Acrylic treatment...
    Damn that looks great Craig!
      My Computers

  7. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
    Thread Starter
       #1297

    Cliff S said:
    Damn that looks great Craig!
    Thanx Cliff - glad you like it... still working on the ideal settings for light and dark themes...

    If 'Transparency effects' are off in settings it will respect that...

    However I'm not sure how well it will go down in the Store - I note the majority of users are younger

    ShowKeyPlus-image.png

    ...so perhaps not an issue for most .. We shall see...
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
       #1298

    Superfly said:
    This update adds checking of remaining MAK count capability.

    This functionality requires internet access as it queries the MS servers.

    ShowKeyPlus-acrylic.png


    .. and yep, it gets the Acrylic treatment...
    Not to ask a stupid question but what is the MAK count?
      My Computer

  9. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,635
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1299

    bigdog said:
    Not to ask a stupid question but what is the MAK count?
    MAK stands for Multiple Activation Key. A MAK key is a volume licencing key, only offered to enterprise customers. One key has multiple activations, the exact number being the number of licences purchased by the customer. The MAK count is the remaining number of unused activations.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
       #1300

    Bree said:
    MAK stands for Multiple Activation Key. A MAK key is a volume licencing key, only offered to enterprise customers. One key has multiple activations, the exact number being the number of licences purchased by the customer. The MAK count is the remaining number of unused activations.
    Thanks Bree.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums