ShowKeyPlus

  1. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
    Thread Starter
       #1271

    Bree said:
    OK, I'll try some other machines. Confirmed: it is just this one machine that has the problem.

    In addition, when I mount one or more Macrium images so that More does have something to show, then the count is always one less than the number of mounted images. With one image mounted the count is zero and it shows nothing when I click More, but with two or more images mounted it will show the ones it can count.

    It is probably relevant that the one machine that has this error is the same machine that had the 'ShowKey fails unless run as administrator' problem.
    OK thanx Bree.. that PC is perfect (for testing purposes) - like a good woman - keeps you honest

    Hope we don't have to go the crash-reporting-tool-debug version again - but I'll try to replicate.
      My Computer

  2. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,631
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1272

    Superfly said:
    Hope we don't have to go the crash-reporting-tool-debug version again - but I'll try to replicate.

    No, I looked at reliability history, no crash reports this time.
      My Computers

  3. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
    Thread Starter
       #1273

    Bree said:
    No, I looked at reliability history, no crash reports this time.
    @Bree - seems our problem child won't allow read access to the online hive.

    Anyway it's not needed for the "More" list so it's now excluded upfront. Did some code optimisation.

    Please check if this fixes it.

    Update: 32-bit Version 1.1.13.40420

    • Improved drive collection for "More" list


    https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/Show...lusPreview.zip
      My Computer

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,631
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1274

    Superfly said:
    Please check if this fixes it.
    Yes, it does. Works on all my machines now.
      My Computers

  5. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
    Thread Starter
       #1275

    Bree said:
    Yes, it does. Works on all my machines now.
    Awesome... Thanx
      My Computer

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,631
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1276

    Glad I could help
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
       #1277

    When running ShowKeyPlus on another machine we have with a "factory installed" Windows 10 Home I noticed something different from the other machines. The Installed Key is different from Original and OEM Keys.

    Also the Windows 10 Pro doesn't list an "Original Key"
      My Computer

  8. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
    Thread Starter
       #1278

    bigdog said:
    When running ShowKeyPlus on another machine we have with a "factory installed" Windows 10 Home I noticed something different from the other machines. The Installed Key is different from Original and OEM Keys.

    Also the Windows 10 Pro doesn't list an "Original Key"
    Please post a screenshot (Remember to click the keys to mask them beforehand)
      My Computer

  9. RK1997's Avatar
    Posts : 469
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64
       #1279

    Superfly said:
    Please post a screenshot (Remember to click the keys to mask them beforehand)
    Considering he has retail keys which stay activated only on 1 PC at a time as well as already linked to digital license, what'd happen if he shared the photo without masking? Someone else can use it? How'd that person even activate it?
      My Computers

  10. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
    Thread Starter
       #1280

    RK1997 said:
    Considering he has retail keys which stay activated only on 1 PC at a time as well as already linked to digital license, what'd happen if he shared the photo without masking? Someone else can use it? How'd that person even activate it?
    Retail can be activated on >1 device at a time (even OEM in instances where the DeviceID is similar) - albeit illegally.

    Best not to post those - only the default/generic keys are definitely not activatable.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:50.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums