ShowKeyPlus

  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,547
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1171

    Oh Craig remember to use a really dark color(like cobalt) to test with, so you knows dark accents will be seen too.
    00ff00240=HEX

    0 17 102=RGB
    ShowKeyPlus-image.png

    I don't know about alpha colors, but maybe this'll help:
    In computer graphics, alpha compositing is the process of combining an image with a background to create the appearance of partial or full transparency. It is often useful to render image elements in separate passes, and then combine the resulting multiple 2D images into a single, final image called the composite. For example, compositing is used extensively when combining computer-rendered image elements with live footage.

    In order to combine these image elements correctly, it is necessary to keep an associated matte for each element. This matte contains the coverage information—the shape of the geometry being drawn—making it possible to distinguish between parts of the image where the geometry was actually drawn and other parts of the image that are empty.
    Alpha compositing - Wikipedia

    Also
    RGBA color space - Wikipedia
      My Computers

  2. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,327
    Thread Starter
       #1172

    Cliff S said:
    Oh Craig remember to use a really dark color(like cobalt) to test with, so you knows dark accents will be seen too.
    Thanx Cliff, Good info ...

    I think I figured it out - we were on the wrong track, the opacity has nothing to do with it - it's a RGB change ( I got the Windows colours and ShowKey colours with SMACC's external colour grab) and used the dfference in RGB as correction factors also resetting the opacity to 1.0

    I haven't tested all Accents yet - I will delegate that job to you (Mr Theme Team ) when the coding is complete

    ShowKeyPlus-capture3.pngShowKeyPlus-capture4.png
      My Computer

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,547
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1173

    Superfly said:
    Thanx Cliff, Good info ...

    I think I figured it out - we were on the wrong track, the opacity has nothing to do with it - it's a RGB change ( I got the Windows colours and ShowKey colours with SMACC's external colour grab) and used the dfference in RGB as correction factors also resetting the opacity to 1.0

    I haven't tested all Accents yet - I will delegate that job to you (Mr Theme Team ) when the coding is complete
      My Computers

  4. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1174

    ...so, wht's this More button supposed to do? I get a spinning wheel and did not have the patience to wait for it to complete.

    Idea: if something can take a long time to complete, then maybe add a manual button with some info above that button, so that the user knows that it'll be slow and what info to expect upon completion.
      My Computers

  5. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,223
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1175

    Hey Craig,

    Just updated to 1.1.12.0 from the Store...and everything looks good, so far.
    If something comes up, ( I hope not), I'll let you know!

    Cheers mate!
      My Computer

  6. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,327
    Thread Starter
       #1176

    slicendice said:
    ...so, wht's this More button supposed to do? I get a spinning wheel and did not have the patience to wait for it to complete.

    Idea: if something can take a long time to complete, then maybe add a manual button with some info above that button, so that the user knows that it'll be slow and what info to expect upon completion.
    That is auto-discovery - it's breaking on a another thread and not returning the error - do you have other installations and which? (I haven't tested Win 7 installs with the Store version) - try running as admin to see if it's a permisions problem

    I thought I had fixed that as Regback has been removed (it was the fallback for a permissions issue on config's hive)

    @Cliff S
    I have released a new version to address the issue we discussed above - please test that the brightness works on all Accent colours

    What Windows does is change the HSL (ito a constant S and L value for each Accent colour) to create the brighter colour variant.

    Update: 32-bit Version 1.1.12.20946

    • Added Accent brightness


    https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/Show...view_20946.zip
      My Computer

  7. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,327
    Thread Starter
       #1177

    ddelo said:
    Hey Craig,

    Just updated to 1.1.12.0 from the Store...and everything looks good, so far.
    If something comes up, ( I hope not), I'll let you know!

    Cheers mate!
    Great thanx Dimitri
      My Computer

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,547
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1178

    Much richer highlight coloring
    ShowKeyPlus-image.jpg

    Text is also very readable like in the rest of windows(example: settings)
    ShowKeyPlus-image.png
      My Computers

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,547
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1179

    High contrast differences the standalone respects the HC choice, but the store version tries to use acrylic still.
    ShowKeyPlus-image.png

    ShowKeyPlus-image.png
      My Computers

  10. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,327
    Thread Starter
       #1180

    Cool Cliff, I assume you are happy with the changes? (I know squat about HC choice and acrylic and all that... LOL)

    BTW: Can you send me that Gotham purple theme as in your first screenshot?


    @slicendice

    I upped a 64 bit version with addditional exception handling for you to try - see if an error pops up
    https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/Show...view_23240.zip
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums