ShowKeyPlus

  1.    #1071

    DooGie said: View Post
    The version you put up last differs from the original .exe version that I grabed. In the original one if I clicked on "about" nothing happened but with the version you linked to clicking on "about" closes SKP down.

    Craig....this doesn't sound like half-baked, but pure raw!
    Don't get crazy man. One step at a time....you're very experienced to know that!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,621
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1072

    Superfly said: View Post
    All feedback welcome, in fact I still need to implement exception handling, so early testing will be good for that.
    But as I said, it still feels half-baked to me...

    OK, so....

    • 'Save' creates a Keys.txt file without any keys in it.
    • click on a displayed key to mask it only works on the 'Installed Key' line.
    • If you mask the Installed key, the 'Original Key' and 'Original Edition' lines disappear.
    • 'More..'. does nothing (work in progress?)
    • 'About' crashes ShowKey, reliability history says it "stopped working"


    Code:
    Source
    ShowKeyPlus
    
    Summary
    Stopped working
    
    Date
    ‎15/‎06/‎2019 18:23
    
    Status
    Report sent
    
    Description
    Faulting Application Path:    C:\Temp\ShowKeyPlus.exe
    
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01:    ShowKeyPlus-preview.exe
    Problem Signature 02:    1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03:    9bf68249
    Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05:    4.7.3416.0
    Problem Signature 06:    5cabfaa3
    Problem Signature 07:    1688
    Problem Signature 08:    fd
    Problem Signature 09:    System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
    OS Version:    10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID:    2057
    Additional Information 1:    3a79
    Additional Information 2:    3a792baacb8ee4397f9c2f34c137ba48
    Additional Information 3:    c7b4
    Additional Information 4:    c7b4aadcae2907175cbc712e001cc84f
    
    Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID:    15123d6a6f6132d2f300e69b57ee48f2 (1369347841590184178)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 6,203
    Wndows 10 x64 Pro version19H2 18362.10006
       #1073

    Bree said: View Post
    OK, so....

    • 'Save' creates a Keys.txt file without any keys in it.

    [/CODE]
    Weird Bree. Mine shows the key in the .txt file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,621
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1074

    DooGie said: View Post
    Weird Bree. Mine shows the key in the .txt file.
    That's weird, so does mine - now. And it's a file named after the edition, such as 'Windows 10 Pro Key.txt'.


    But the first time I ran it I got an empty 'Key.txt' containing just....

    Code:
    ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information
    
    Product key    
    
    Edition:       
    
    EULA:

    Edit: It's possible likely I clicked Save while on the Check Edition page, that would do it
    Last edited by Bree; 4 Weeks Ago at 15:11. Reason: Edit:
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #1075

    ddelo said: View Post
    Craig....this doesn't sound like half-baked, but pure raw!
    Don't get crazy man. One step at a time....you're very experienced to know that!
    LOL.. Bite me!...Seriously tho', the About is low priority right now...still have to do the XAML page TBH...
    Bree said: View Post
    That's weird, so does mine - now. And it's a file named after the edition, such as 'Windows 10 Pro Key.txt'.


    But the first time I ran it I got an empty 'Key.txt' containing just....

    Code:
    ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information
    
    Product key    
    
    Edition:       
    
    EULA:
    @Bree that's the Check Edition page without a key check done - I need to prevent that... thanx
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,621
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1076

    Superfly said: View Post
    @Bree that's the Check Edition page without a key check done - I need to prevent that... thanx
    So even my silly mistake was useful, that's comforting
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7.    #1077

    Bree said: View Post
    So even my silly mistake was useful, that's comforting
    LOL.. Yup!

    'More...' should not be there unless there is a windows.old with a key or multi-boot - to test it mount a Macrium image and see if 'More...' finds the key(s).

    Mask issue is a syncing thing I'm working on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #1078

    Superfly said: View Post
    LOL.. Bite me!...Seriously tho', the About is low priority right now...still have to do the XAML page TBH...

    I know mate, I was just teasing you!
    BTW Craig, having Bree and Andy testing the app, there's no way you miss any bug!! Great work guys!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,621
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1079

    Superfly said: View Post
    'More...' should not be there unless there is a windows.old with a key or multi-boot - to test it mount a Macrium image and see if 'More...' finds the key(s).
    Nice new feature. Tested with a Macrium image - works

    So More should not show unless there is 'more' to see? It's always there in this build.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #1080

    ddelo said: View Post
    I know mate, I was just teasing you!
    BTW Craig, having Bree and Andy testing the app, there's no way you miss any bug!! Great work guys!
    LOL.. I know - so was I...
    Bree said: View Post
    Nice new feature. Tested with a Macrium image - works

    So More should not show unless there is 'more' to see? It's always there in this build.
    Yep, no more 'More' with single installations, I have most of the stuff fixed, well...hopefully, now.. it even has an About

    Versioning for x64 and x86 is different (removed the prefer 32-bit compile proviso so it will run on x64 OS' as well)

    Releases . Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus . GitHub
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:00.
Find Us