1.    09 Oct 2015 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

    Windows 10 Photos App only plays partial slide-show.


    Hello,

    First I'd like to apologize if I have messed up in posting my problem, since this is my first post on these forums.

    Just as the title says, my problem is with the Photos application that comes with Windows 10. When clicking on the slideshow button, the app plays through the pictures in the folder, though at some point through the slideshow (roughly 20-30 pictures in,) it loops right back to the picture where I started, even if there are other photos in the folder.

    Is there a way to play a slideshow that shows every photo in a given folder? If so, how?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Oct 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,421
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Quote Originally Posted by Quibii View Post
    Hello,

    First I'd like to apologize if I have messed up in posting my problem, since this is my first post on these forums.

    Just as the title says, my problem is with the Photos application that comes with Windows 10. When clicking on the slideshow button, the app plays through the pictures in the folder, though at some point through the slideshow (roughly 20-30 pictures in,) it loops right back to the picture where I started, even if there are other photos in the folder.

    Is there a way to play a slideshow that shows every photo in a given folder? If so, how?
    Hi, decided to try the slideshow for the first time.. two impressions. First, if identical/near identical photos exist, it only seems to show one. Second, when I tried slideshow, it either showed a few and exited, or just one and exited (after I'd put the near identical ones in a separate folder). Manually viewing them in Photos- no problem. Hmm. (All just jpg's).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Oct 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,556
    Windows 10 x64 Home Build (Version 1709) 16299.19

    I use a third party app that I have installed Cyberlink Power DVD.
    All others I have tried only plays one folder and a time
    So sorry that is all the help I can come up with
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Oct 2015 #4
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Hi, decided to try the slideshow for the first time.. two impressions. First, if identical/near identical photos exist, it only seems to show one. Second, when I tried slideshow, it either showed a few and exited, or just one and exited (after I'd put the near identical ones in a separate folder). Manually viewing them in Photos- no problem. Hmm. (All just jpg's).
    Yes, when just manually scrolling through the photos I can go through all of them without a problem, it's only when I start a slideshow. Thank you for the response.


    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    I use a third party app that I have installed Cyberlink Power DVD.
    All others I have tried only plays one folder and a time
    So sorry that is all the help I can come up with
    I'm fine with just playing the one folder, my complaint is with the slideshow neglecting to play all of the photos in a single given folder. I'll look into that application, thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    09 Oct 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,421
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Hi, so I've now discovered there is a feature in Photos which finds identical/near identical? photos and only shows 1. Also, there's auto-enhance. You could try turning those features off and see if that makes any difference.

    I've also discovered what closed the Photos app. When in slideshow, the window no longer matched a script I had running, which closed it. So Photos is running ok for me.

    Bear in mind desktop apps like Irfanview (free) have been around a lot longer and may well be more stable and feature-rich than the universal apps.
    There are a couple of other slideshow apps (at least) in Store (free); reviews of Photos are mixed- have a look at comments in Store. It's not highly rated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Screen Slide Show
My old Windows 8.1 would entertain us with an ongoing slide show from my Pictures File. Is it possible to do the same with Windows 10? Thanks, TrevJK44
Customization
Slide Show's
Hi. I'm looking for a good slideshow software that I can add photo's add music and also have an options for transitions. Finally also would like to burn that slideshow to a DVD so that it can be played back via a television PAL Format. Free if...
Software and Apps
Solved How to change slide show to random
Have set up a slide show but wish these to be displayed randomly and for a shorter time then the 1 minute which is the shortest default time, pse advise.
Customization
lock screen slide show issues
Worked fine on windows 8.1 but updated with the RTM of 10 and now the lock screen only works on one screen. Used to work on the 2 screens on the side and not in the middle which was fine but now just on the main screen and the other 2 stay blank....
General Support
Solved MS Edge and slide show...
MS Edge having issues with slideshow at the USA Today website. The slideshow of 90 pics from the World Cup, on the bottom of the page, is slow and CPU utilization fluctuate between 60 - 80%. The system becomes sluggish, until Edge is closed,...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums