Media Player

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    08 Oct 2015 #1

    Media Player


    In windows 7 I could play a DVD in the media player, can't make it work in Windows10? Have some YouTube Video's and they play in Media Player but can't get DVD to play.Don't see in the player where I can go to the DVD Drive ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    08 Oct 2015 #2

    In order to save licencing fees, the function to play DVDs with Media Player has been removed. So what worked in Windows 7 does no longer work in Windows 10. In Windows 10, in order to play DVDs, you will need an additional DVD player.

    I recommend installing VLC Media Player. This application can play back just about everything - including DVDs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,114
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       08 Oct 2015 #3

    Joergi said: View Post
    In order to save licencing fees, the function to play DVDs with Media Player has been removed. So what worked in Windows 7 does no longer work in Windows 10. In Windows 10, in order to play DVDs, you will need an additional DVD player.

    I recommend installing VLC Media Player. This application can play back just about everything - including DVDs.
    With the exception of Blu-Rays
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 Oct 2015 #4

    jds63 said: View Post
    With the exception of Blu-Rays
    Luckily he asked for DVDs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,114
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       08 Oct 2015 #5

    Joergi said: View Post
    Luckily he asked for DVDs.
    True, more use of Blu-ray nowadays
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Oct 2015 #6

    jds63 said: View Post
    True, more use of Blu-ray nowadays
    I actually don't have a single one. I am storing films online. That way I maybe have to convert them somewhen in the future, but I at least don't have a bunch of useless discs, which are basically garbage.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,114
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       08 Oct 2015 #7

    Joergi said: View Post
    I actually don't have a single one. I am storing films online. That way I maybe have to convert them somewhen in the future, but I at least don't have a bunch of useless discs, which are basically garbage.
    Hate watching only on my PC, use BD-RE erase them after. Use ConvertXtoHD works great, looks store bought.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    08 Oct 2015 #8

    Cheers to the internet of things! Today, TVs can be connected to basically anything: Your harddrive, an NAS server, hell, I guess I could even connect it to my bath tube. Number of bubbles matching the emotion in the film... I need to speak to my plumber...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,114
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       08 Oct 2015 #9

    Joergi said: View Post
    Cheers to the internet of things! Today, TVs can be connected to basically anything: Your harddrive, an NAS server, hell, I guess I could even connect it to my bath tube. Number of bubbles matching the emotion in the film... I need to speak to my plumber...
    I know what you mean are unlimited possibilities i am even not suggesting too. Streaming.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 Oct 2015 #10

    Thanks for all the info on this Guys, I'm getting smarter every day I'm here.
    Z
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
​I have a lot of music saved into Windows Media Player on Windows 7. I am aware that the new Windows 10 Upgrade will not have Windows Media Player, but that another player will either come within the Upgrade or a new music player is available. So...
Which do you prefer, and why?
windows media player 12 in Software and Apps
can someone tell me why windows media player 12 wont play youtube video's, it plays the audio side but not the video of it.. I had windows media player 11 in before the windows 10 update and now media player wont play the videos only audio.. ...
Media player bug? in Browsers and Email
Whenever I play a video (on Youtube for example) with full screen on, the video will play for a few seconds then revert back to small screen and run another popup ad then play the video from the beginning again. This has been very annoying since the...
Solved windows media player in Software and Apps
I thought that I had read that win 10 would eliminate windows media player ? i'm not complaining but mine still works just fine
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:51.
Find Us