I cannot login to the Microsoft Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,566
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #11

    lifejogger said:
    Thank your for this suggestion, but I am sorry to say it did not work. I wonder if there is a program in my startup that could be causing this.?
    I doubt it unless you're using a 3rd party firewall. Are you signed into a Microsoft user account or a local account? Also check the app settings and check for updates.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home 64
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Cliff S said:
    I doubt it unless you're using a 3rd party firewall. Are you signed into a Microsoft user account or a local account? Also check the app settings and check for updates.
    If by signed in you mean signed into Windows 10, I use a local account and my windows 10 has all of the latest updates. Also I use a McAfee firewall.
      My Computer

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,566
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #13

    It could be that McAfee is blocking then(I'm not sure though. You may need to check the settings). Also here is a tutorial from @Brink on signing in to the store from a local account: Store - Sign in with Different Account in Windows 10
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home 64
    Thread Starter
       #14

    Cliff S said:
    It could be that McAfee is blocking then(I'm not sure though. You may need to check the settings). Also here is a tutorial from @Brink on signing in to the store from a local account: Store - Sign in with Different Account in Windows 10
    I have turned off McAfee but it did not work.

    I already tried that tutorial. The popup screen in the in step 2 does not look like the popup screen I see.
    Mine says:
    Choose an Account
    Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live.com, MSN

    Work or school account
    Assigned by your organization

    When click on Choose an account I get a blank screen that then goes away.
      My Computer

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,566
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #15

    lifejogger said:
    I have turned off McAfee but it did not work.

    I already tried that tutorial. The popup screen in the in step 2 does not look like the popup screen I see.
    Mine says:
    Choose an Account
    Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live.com, MSN

    Work or school account
    Assigned by your organization

    When click on Choose an account I get a blank screen that then goes away.
    Is you copy of windows activated? You find that in settings>>updates & security>>activation.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home 64
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Cliff S said:
    Is you copy of windows activated? You find that in settings>>updates & security>>activation.
    Yes, it is activated. What will happen if I reset the computer?
      My Computer

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,566
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #17

    lifejogger said:
    Yes, it is activated. What will happen if I reset the computer?
    You will need to backup any important files, documents, media and such before hand, as it sets your PC back to a fresh new state.

    NoteHere's what will happen:

    • All your personal files and apps will be removed.
    • All user accounts will be removed.
    • Your PC settings will be changed back to their defaults.
    • You will have an option to Keep my files or Remove everything.
    • If you have more than one drive (partition) on the Windows disk, you will have the option to remove all files on only the Windows drive or all drives on the disk.

    Here is the tutorial about resetting Windows 10: Reset Windows 10
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home 64
    Thread Starter
       #18

    [QUOTE=Cliff S;421330]You will need to backup any important files, documents, media and such before hand, as it sets your PC back to a fresh new state.


    Will it delete all of the programs, such as Microsoft Office?
      My Computer

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,566
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #19

    [QUOTE=lifejogger;421351]
    Cliff S said:
    You will need to backup any important files, documents, media and such before hand, as it sets your PC back to a fresh new state.


    Will it delete all of the programs, such as Microsoft Office?
    Yup, that's why a repair install would be easier, and you won't lose any thing: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home 64
    Thread Starter
       #20

    [QUOTE=Cliff S;421376]
    lifejogger said:
    Yup, that's why a repair install would be easier, and you won't lose any thing: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    I will look into doing that, thanks for the help.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums