How do I delete Metro Apps?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Trust_No1's Avatar
    Posts : 630
       #1

    How do I delete Metro Apps?


    This is absolutely the stupidest beta, I have ever seen.

    How in the world are we supposed to manage our apps? How do we delete them? I have 97 apps and no idea what 80 of them are, a clean install should just load the essentials unless directed to do else wise.
      My Computer

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,814
    Windows 10
       #2

    Trust_No1 said:
    This is absolutely the stupidest beta, I have ever seen.

    How in the world are we supposed to manage our apps? How do we delete them? I have 97 apps and no idea what 80 of them are, a clean install should just load the essentials unless directed to do else wise.
    Right click on the app and choose 'Uninstall'.
      My Computer

  3. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,579
    Windows 10 Pro
       #3

    Trust_No1 said:
    This is absolutely the stupidest beta, I have ever seen.

    How in the world are we supposed to manage our apps? How do we delete them? I have 97 apps and no idea what 80 of them are, a clean install should just load the essentials unless directed to do else wise.


    Of those 97 apps you must have installed most by yourself. By default 28 modern apps will be installed (including Store and Feedback) so it seems you are the reason you have so many apps.

    Default modern apps in Windows 10 Technical Preview:

    How do I delete Metro Apps?-2014-10-18_14h29_33.png How do I delete Metro Apps?-2014-10-18_14h30_22.png
    (The second screenshot accidentally shows Pictures library folder included, however it should be excluded as the Documents folder in first screenshot is.)
    Last edited by Kari; 18 Oct 2014 at 07:52.
      My Computer

  4. Trust_No1's Avatar
    Posts : 630
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Edwin said:
    Right click on the app and choose 'Uninstall'.
    Ahh, I have to reboot to remove Icon. I swear I right clicked before and uninstall was not an option, weird.

    Kari said:


    Of those 97 apps you must have installed most by yourself. By default 28 modern apps will be installed (including Store and Feedback) so it seems you are the reason you have so many apps.

    Default modern apps in Windows 10 Technical Preview:

    How do I delete Metro Apps?-2014-10-18_14h29_33.png How do I delete Metro Apps?-2014-10-18_14h30_22.png
    (The second screenshot accidentally shows Pictures library folder included, however it should be excluded as the Documents folder in first screenshot is.)

    I have several Acers, it must be partly their bloatware too. I just think it is way to many.
    Last edited by Trust_No1; 18 Oct 2014 at 11:43.
      My Computer

  5. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 16,209
    W10Prox64
       #5

    I am trying to delete the Skype app. In the settings>system>apps & features, I click uninstall and nothing happens. So I opened administrative powershell and typed

    Remove-AppxPackage -package Microsoft.SkypeApp_3.1.0.1007_x86_kzf8qxf38zg5c

    and I keep getting errors. Have I got it wrong? Missing a space, or quote or something? How the heck do I get rid of this?
      My Computer

  6. Mystere's Avatar
    Posts : 3,256
    Windows 10 Pro
       #6

    simrick said:
    I am trying to delete the Skype app. In the settings>system>apps & features, I click uninstall and nothing happens. So I opened administrative powershell and typed

    Remove-AppxPackage -package Microsoft.SkypeApp_3.1.0.1007_x86_kzf8qxf38zg5c

    and I keep getting errors. Have I got it wrong? Missing a space, or quote or something? How the heck do I get rid of this?
    "keep getting errors" doesn't tell anyone anything. WHAT errors? Be explicit.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 486
    Windows 10x64 17713
       #7

    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.co...0ef4a4#content

    There's a powershell script I've had pretty good luck with.
      My Computer

  8. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 16,209
    W10Prox64
       #8

    Mystere said:
    "keep getting errors" doesn't tell anyone anything. WHAT errors? Be explicit.
    Seems like I'm missing a space, or quotes or something?
    Last edited by Brink; 26 Aug 2015 at 10:15. Reason: removed broken images
      My Computer

  9. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 16,209
    W10Prox64
       #9

    cyberrufus said:
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.co...0ef4a4#content

    There's a powershell script I've had pretty good luck with.


    Seems the "help" isn't much help?

    Oh wait - I see a problem - I have Apps instead of App.....

    DPC Watchdog Violation over and over on this thing....finally got back to it - but can't get it to work:



    So I did it from a C:\ prompt:
    Remove-AppPackage -package Microsoft.SkypeApp_3.1.0.1007_x86_kzf8qxf38zg5c

    and I got an error code 0x80010108. Is that a clue?
    Last edited by Brink; 26 Aug 2015 at 10:15. Reason: removed broken images
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 19
    Windows 10 build 9879
       #10

    Edwin said:
    Right click on the app and choose 'Uninstall'.
    Doesn't work for the majority of the preinstalled apps. Specifically, "Uninstall" is not an option offered when you right-click on the app name in the All Apps list for things like the calculator, alarms & clock, camera, etc. It's definitely not an option available for the new Outlook Mail & Calendar app or the new Outlook People app that came preinstalled in PC Build 10061. I wish it were that simple. I would kill to be able to get rid of the new Outlook apps and go back to the original Mail, Calendar & People app until they get the worst of the gremlins out of the new Outlook apps.

    ...ken...
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums