Windows 10: Netflix wont work?

  1.    02 Oct 2015 #1

    Netflix wont work?


    I have updated my laptop to windows 10 and since then the app wont work, I have also tried loading it on the internet and chrome but it still doesn't work. Every time I go on it works but when I press what I want to watch it loads and then comes up with the message "There is a problem with this system's configuration that prevents Windows from playing protected video. Please make sue you have the latest Windows Updates {which I think I do but don't know how to check} as well as Windows 8 certified video and audio drivers installed". Can someone please tell me what to do as this is really annoying!
    Thankyou
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,431
    EL Capitan
       02 Oct 2015 #2

    The app has not worked for a while. Use Chrome to watch Netflix.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       02 Oct 2015 #3

    bro67 said: View Post
    The app has not worked for a while. Use Chrome to watch Netflix.
    Hi just clicked on Netflix as not watched it since installed windows 10 and once enter my e-mail and password loaded ok, told me it was setting up player did that, now plays as it should on my laptop so all good to go.
    What player are you or it trying to use mine is using Toshiba own video player
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       02 Oct 2015 #4

    jones123 said: View Post
    I have updated my laptop to windows 10 and since then the app wont work, I have also tried loading it on the internet and chrome but it still doesn't work. Every time I go on it works but when I press what I want to watch it loads and then comes up with the message "There is a problem with this system's configuration that prevents Windows from playing protected video. Please make sue you have the latest Windows Updates {which I think I do but don't know how to check} as well as Windows 8 certified video and audio drivers installed". Can someone please tell me what to do as this is really annoying!
    Thankyou
    How to check latest updates
    Go into control panel
    Program and features
    view updates
    click on that and all the updates will come up look for the last time an update was installed
    which in my case was 01/10/2015
    Then go to device manager and click on drivers and click check if latest drivers installed if not then click install latest drivers
    I myself use Auslogic Driver updater which is not free but good and does the job I want it to do
    Last edited by hTconeM9user; 02 Oct 2015 at 04:28. Reason: added
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    02 Oct 2015 #5

    bro67 said: View Post
    The app has not worked for a while. Use Chrome to watch Netflix.
    It works for me, although the update on 10/1 broke the Stream Manager function. Netflix acknowledged this issue, but it does not stop the app from playing video unless the Stream Manager is launched.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Oct 2015 #6

    bro67 said: View Post
    The app has not worked for a while. Use Chrome to watch Netflix.
    Thankyou for replying, however it does also not work on chrome for me. I'm not too sure why this is as it seems to have worked for everyone else.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Oct 2015 #7

    PJLLB said: View Post
    It works for me, although the update on 10/1 broke the Stream Manager function. Netflix acknowledged this issue, but it does not stop the app from playing video unless the Stream Manager is launched.
    Okay thankyou
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    02 Oct 2015 #8

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    How to check latest updates
    Go into control panel
    Program and features
    view updates
    click on that and all the updates will come up look for the last time an update was installed
    which in my case was 01/10/2015
    Then go to device manager and click on drivers and click check if latest drivers installed if not then click install latest drivers
    I myself use Auslogic Driver updater which is not free but good and does the job I want it to do
    Thankyou for taking your time to contact me! I went onto 'programmes and features' but I cant find the option view updates?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    02 Oct 2015 #9

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Hi just clicked on Netflix as not watched it since installed windows 10 and once enter my e-mail and password loaded ok, told me it was setting up player did that, now plays as it should on my laptop so all good to go.
    What player are you or it trying to use mine is using Toshiba own video player
    I'm using an asus TP550L, thankyou for looking or me!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       02 Oct 2015 #10

    Look in control panel where all your programs come up above that is turn windows on and off there is where you should find view installed updates click that and it will be in there go by the date installed

    On your other problem it was no trouble at all
    that is what those of us who have had no problems are here for to help other members who are having a bit of trouble
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I'm stick on the below screen. My keyboard and mouse will not respond. I don't get a login prompt. The time is correct and the little icon in the bottom right indicates if my Ethernet cable is connected. 31658 I had Window 7. I used the...
wifi adaptors wont work. in Network and Sharing
hi. i have 2 wireless adaptor and no one work on windows 10. i used a wired connection and its work fine but wlan dont work. in device manager system has installed and recognized the adaptor but in adaptor setting in network sharing there is no...
Solved DVD burner wont work in Drivers and Hardware
Windows 10, DVD burner wont work after upgrade, does not show on computer.
I just updated my AMD E350 system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am excited to get to use Netflix with Windows 10 because Silverlight in Windows 7 was terrible for the E350. I updated yesterday and immediately downloaded Netflix, Plex and...
Just upgraded my Win 8.1 pro EN-GB using media tool and I cant search or get cortana to work. It worked fine in the Insider Preview. Anyone got any ideas ? Going to check regional settings now but I dont thing its that. Tim
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:49.
Find Us