1.    01 Oct 2015 #1
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 340
    Window 10

    Windows Store Netflix App New Issue


    I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a Netflix video, and opening the Steam Manager (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S), when you attempt to set a manual stream rate of any value the app immediately crashes. I reported this to Netflix and they have confirmed the issue. It is a bug in the latest Netflix app update. Note that the browser Stream Manager does not crash, but the browser does not provide the Dolby Digital 5.1 sound that the app does. So recommend not updating the app since it is buggy.

    And of course Netflix only says "check for an update to the app to get a fix." Typical.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Same problem to me. Have u solved it?

    Many thanks in advance
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 340
    Window 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by danser86 View Post
    Same problem to me. Have u solved it?

    Many thanks in advance
    I just checked and the app no longer crashed for me when the stream manager is invoked.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Lucky man!! How did you solve it? I have tried again just right now and I have still the same problem... :'(
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Dec 2015 #5
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 340
    Window 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by danser86 View Post
    Lucky man!! How did you solve it? I have tried again just right now and I have still the same problem... :'(
    I don't know exactly. I just checked it again and it did not crash, but when I checked last night it did crash. It may have something to do with available bandwidth. I will continue to investigate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Dec 2015 #6
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Wow! Been searching for hours on the solution for this and while I have no working solution either misery loves company I guess!

    I'm in the exact same boat, I want to use the app stream manager but it always causes a crash.

    Stream manager works in Chrome but that's only 720p and no DD 5.1. Stream Manager also works in Edge and it has 1080p BUT no DD 5.1 either....grrr....

    I really hope they update the app soon. OR if anyone can get DD 5.1 working on Edge then the app would not be necessary (anyone know how to do this?).

    Also, a Reddit thread on a similar topic says it might work if you set your desktop setting to scale only at 100% it *might* work. Not for me though apparently.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 Dec 2015 #7
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 340
    Window 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by ToyHammer View Post
    Wow! Been searching for hours on the solution for this and while I have no working solution either misery loves company I guess!

    I'm in the exact same boat, I want to use the app stream manager but it always causes a crash.

    Stream manager works in Chrome but that's only 720p and no DD 5.1. Stream Manager also works in Edge and it has 1080p BUT no DD 5.1 either....grrr....

    I really hope they update the app soon. OR if anyone can get DD 5.1 working on Edge then the app would not be necessary (anyone know how to do this?).

    Also, a Reddit thread on a similar topic says it might work if you set your desktop setting to scale only at 100% it *might* work. Not for me though apparently.
    The Store app was updated today. It has a slightly different look and feel (more in line with the Smart Hub app on my Samsung smart TV). It has a different stream manger. BUT: the app no longer offers DD+ 5.1 option in the language options when playing content. This option is now a "5.1" option (without the DD+ indicated. I checked the audio output via HDMI and it appears that it is DD+ 5.1. So upgrade at you own discretion. Let me know what you find out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 Dec 2015 #8
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by PJLLB View Post
    The Store app was updated today. It has a slightly different look and feel (more in line with the Smart Hub app on my Samsung smart TV). It has a different stream manger. BUT: the app no longer offers DD+ 5.1 option in the language options when playing content. This option is now a "5.1" option (without the DD+ indicated. I checked the audio output via HDMI and it appears that it is DD+ 5.1. So upgrade at you own discretion. Let me know what you find out.
    The App was indeed updated....loaded it up...had high hopes....AND...crash!

    They seemed to have overhauled much of the interface (slightly for the worse I think) BUT they did not address the stream manager issue!

    Will be sending them a a crash report on their app, if anyone else is experiencing this please do the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    17 Dec 2015 #9
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 340
    Window 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by ToyHammer View Post
    The App was indeed updated....loaded it up...had high hopes....AND...crash!

    They seemed to have overhauled much of the interface (slightly for the worse I think) BUT they did not address the stream manager issue!

    Will be sending them a a crash report on their app, if anyone else is experiencing this please do the same.
    I got a crash on first launch too. After that it is fine although I did have to sign our and back into Netflix once.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home
Anyone else having issues with the Netflix app in Windows 10 Home? I upgraded my main desk top PC with Win 10 at the weekend and all went well. Today I installed the Netflix app from Windows Store and it won't load. It starts to open, then simply...
Software and Apps
Microsoft Store Issue
I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday and I am encountering a problem with the Microsoft Store. I am trying to download a few apps. When I am on the app page, I click the "Free" button, which I assume is the download button, and nothing happens. ...
Software and Apps
Store issue
Hi so I finally got windows 10 but I can't access the store or the Xbox app. The store says there is a problem with the store. Contact your system admin about repairing it or reinstalling it. It's a home PC. Any help is appreciated!
General Support
Netflix, WatchESPN, Plex apps don't work in Windows 10. Web works.
I just updated my AMD E350 system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am excited to get to use Netflix with Windows 10 because Silverlight in Windows 7 was terrible for the E350. I updated yesterday and immediately downloaded Netflix, Plex and...
Software and Apps
Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue
I upgraded Windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10, the Microsoft Store only worked for once and then it would never get started, it quits each time I try to run it. I only cancelled a game download from the Store before this happened. ...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:14.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums