Windows 10: Startup program starts minimized when in Tablet mode

  1.    13 Sep 2015 #1

    Startup program starts minimized when in Tablet mode


    Hi,
    I need Windows 10 to boot directly to a program. Whatever I try .vbs, .bat or just shortcut in Startup folder, it always starts minimized to task bar. When I click on the task bar it gets blown up full screen.

    Once I turn off the Tablet mode it starts good, maximized.

    How can I solve this so it boot in Tablet mode AND start the program in proper size?

    NOTE: I use touch screen but I dont think it maters.

    Thanks,
    S@
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    13 Sep 2015 #2

    In Tablet mode, the start menu is prioritized to the front so any startup program running will be minimized.

    Try this:

    To make Start full screen and see everything in one view, go to Start button, then Settings  > Personalization  > Start, and then turn on Use Start full screen.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    13 Sep 2015 #3

    It is already in Full screen. I want it that way so I can get out the maximum from the touch panel.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    13 Sep 2015 #4

    Well, IMO it's just by design that when you start in Tablet mode, the start screen will be shown in foreground no matter what by minimizing the window of the startup programs. A quick way to get around this is to start on desktop mode with full screen start then swipe on the right corner then tap on tablet mode.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    13 Sep 2015 #5

    Yes, thats how I figured out that the Tablet mode is the problem.
    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Aug 2016 #6

    theveterans said: View Post
    Well, IMO it's just by design that when you start in Tablet mode, the start screen will be shown in foreground no matter what by minimizing the window of the startup programs. A quick way to get around this is to start on desktop mode with full screen start then swipe on the right corner then tap on tablet mode.

    So there is no way to have an app open in tablet mode on start-up? The start menu will be in front always? I'm trying to get the camera app to be full screen on start-up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    08 Aug 2016 #7

    Tamarack said: View Post
    So there is no way to have an app open in tablet mode on start-up? The start menu will be in front always? I'm trying to get the camera app to be full screen on start-up.
    I still haven't find a way to overcome this so I settled to full width Start menu.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    10 Aug 2016 #8

    skullmonkey said: View Post
    I still haven't find a way to overcome this so I settled to full width Start menu.
    I came up with a workaround. Put the program into the startup folder and then I used Mini Mouse Macro as a mouse recorder to start the program in tablet mode. One click on the windows icon and one in the field did the trick.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    10 Aug 2016 #9

    Tamarack said: View Post
    I came up with a workaround. Put the program into the startup folder and then I used Mini Mouse Macro as a mouse recorder to start the program in tablet mode. One click on the windows icon and one in the field did the trick.
    I use this PC as a Jukebox. I need to be started and get the app on the full screen. Clicking more buttons dont make sense here. Otherwise I would click the app in the task bar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved can't turn off tablet mode in General Support
I selected tablet mode, and I have no way of going back that I can fine. My start button does nothing(which was the original problem that I was trying to resolve). All I have is Control Panel. This has definitely been the most challenging version...
Where to find it. Tablet mode will basically go fullscreen on your pc, removing windowed apps and turning the Start menu into the Start screen. To turn it on or off, follow these easy steps. ...
I have an Asus Transformer Book, and when I pull the tablet part off the keyboard, Windows 10 automatically switches into tablet mode. I'm wondering if it's possible to have Chrome automatically open into WIndows 8 Mode when Windows 10 is in tablet...
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can't. I've looked at tons of small tips online to get this working but it doesn't work at all. I have a batch file which causes various programs to start when opened. However, one of them...
tablet mode is awesome in General Support
Very impressed with tablet mode. Very easy to go into and exit from. Always returns to the Windows 10 start screen. BTW, when running in tablet mode, Windows 10 actually boots to the start screen ! Takes a little getting used to... one...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46.
Find Us