Literally every program I try to use is crashing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    Literally every program I try to use is crashing.


    I see the title guide up there, I know this could probably have a better title but I don't know what else to say. I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night, though I was using it before I got a new computer. But even then, I didn't have any issues like this. And I'm not just exaggerating. I'm sure there's more programs out there, but I've been trying to call my girlfriend since she got back. Skype crashed, I downgraded and it crashed some more, TeamViewer crashed, Hangouts crashed Google Chrome. I have no idea what's going on.

    I'm going to try just a regular restart to see if that fixes anything, but pleease help me. As said, my girlfriend and I and are in a long-distance relationship. We can still IM, but we really prefer to call each other and there's no other way. I really need to fix this problem..

    Edit: Restarting my computer didn't work..
    Last edited by ZomBrony; 10 Sep 2015 at 14:23.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 490
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    You can try a repair install. It will allow you to keep apps, files, and settings. Download the media creation tool from

    Windows 10

    Make either a dvd or usb. Run it from the Windows 10 desktop (don't start the computer with the media). At the splashscreen click Install Now. Step through the screens until you get to "What do you want to keep?" and choose the top button (everything). Proceed. Do not enter a product key if asked. This will completely reinstall Windows without touching your apps, files, or settings.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Cbarnhorst said:
    You can try a repair install. It will allow you to keep apps, files, and settings. Download the media creation tool from

    Windows 10

    Make either a dvd or usb. Run it from the Windows 10 desktop (don't start the computer with the media). At the splashscreen click Install Now. Step through the screens until you get to "What do you want to keep?" and choose the top button (everything). Proceed. Do not enter a product key if asked. This will completely reinstall Windows without touching your apps, files, or settings.
    Okay, having a problem. I downgraded back to Windows 7 due to impatience and it accepted my current product key in the Windows 7 half of upgrading, but it asked me again for a product key in the Windows 10 half and says my key is invalid.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 490
    Windows 10 Pro
       #4

    ZomBrony said:
    Okay, having a problem. I downgraded back to Windows 7 due to impatience and it accepted my current product key in the Windows 7 half of upgrading, but it asked me again for a product key in the Windows 10 half and says my key is invalid.
    When asked for a key you should not enter one. Instead click on SKIP or DO LATER. Certainly, don't try to use the Windows 7 key. It is only for Windows 7.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Cbarnhorst said:
    When asked for a key you should not enter one. Instead click on SKIP or DO LATER. Certainly, don't try to use the Windows 7 key. It is only for Windows 7.
    I know dis. I didn't write anything. But you're saying I should just skip it when Windows 10 asks again?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 490
    Windows 10 Pro
       #6

    ZomBrony said:
    I know dis. I didn't write anything. But you're saying I should just skip it when Windows 10 asks again?
    Yes. You don't have a key to enter. The installer will continue and Microsoft's servers will recognize the computer as already registered.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Cbarnhorst said:
    Yes. You don't have a key to enter. The installer will continue and Microsoft's servers will recognize the computer as already registered.
    Alrighty, thank you. I'll do that when it downloads again.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Riiiight. That's what I thought. >~< What do I do when I have no option to skip, Cbarn?
    http://prntscr.com/8fdez9
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 490
    Windows 10 Pro
       #9

    ZomBrony said:
    Riiiight. That's what I thought. >~< What do I do when I have no option to skip, Cbarn?
    http://prntscr.com/8fdez9
    As long as the edition of Windows 10 you are installing is the same as the edition of Windows 7 you upgraded from you should be able to bypass the product key requestor. If you are reinstalling with Pro and Windows 7 was Home, you will have a problem. Check that.

    Assuming the editions of 7 and 10 are the same, use the appropiate dummy key (listed below for your convenience) and when up and running use "slui 4" in a command prompt to open the phone activation wizard. I have had to do this to get activated. I assume not being able to enter a product key later is a bug because every version of Windows since XP SP3 allows it.

    The dummy key for Pro is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    The dummy key for Home is YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7

    (Normally, posting a product key online is a big no no, but in this case these are no secret since everybody has the same one)
    Last edited by Cbarnhorst; 11 Sep 2015 at 23:42.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Well I hope this works for me.. Thank you for your time, Cbarn. I'll update you when possible.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums