Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, anyone try this ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 20H2
       #1

    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, anyone try this ?


    New version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Windows 10, this is the free version. Wondering if anyone has tried this yet. Windows 10 does not come with a Reader like Windows 8.1 had it uses Microsoft Edge to open PDF. Not to my liking why i ask if anyone has tried it yet.

    https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/prod...df-reader.html
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 609
    W10
       #2

    Is working.

    Apart from that it features a kind of cloud integration, which I do not want. And I think it has more adverts than Reader 11. All in all, I do not use it. There are way better alternatives out there: Nitro Reader 3 or Foxit Reader are both for free and can be installed on your PC. If you do not install a program, then PDFescape might be for you.
      My Computer

  3. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 20H2
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Joergi said:
    Is working.

    Apart from that it features a kind of cloud integration, which I do not want. And I think it has more adverts then Reader 11. All in all, I do not use it. There are way better alternatives out there: Nitro Reader 3 or Foxit Reader are both for free and can be installed on your PC. If you do not install a program, then PDFescape might be for you.
    Thanks for your input, i did use it on Windows 8.1 version 11, but never recalled adverts. Cloud part is something i did not want, have to read more as some of those features may come with paid version more, cloud is a bigger thing now with Windows 10.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 73
    Windows
       #4

    Uh, M$ Reader isn't included in W10, however it's in the Windows Store, free, and can open PDFs. Adobe Acrobat Reader is so bloated, why is anyone still using it?

    Also, Foxit Reader is just as bloated now...
      My Computer

  5. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 20H2
    Thread Starter
       #5

    nosecureboot said:
    Uh, M$ Reader isn't included in W10, however it's in the Windows Store, free, and can open PDFs. Adobe Acrobat Reader is so bloated, why is anyone still using it?
    Yeah, let me check out the Store versions ratings, see what some say though. Never saw free version as that bloated of Acrobat reader, if worried about space or resources.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 609
    W10
       #6

    jds63 said:
    Thanks for your input, i did use it on Windows 8.1 version 11, but never recalled adverts.
    Functions like "Create PDF" or "Convert PDF to Word/Excel" basically only point to a "Pay me" function.

    jds63 said:
    Cloud part is something i did not want, have to read more as some of those features may come with paid version more, cloud is a bigger thing now with Windows 10.
    Uploading to the cloud, well, uploads to the cloud. That kind of cloud integration has been extended with the new version. And just like you I don't want that. Only because Windows 10 now offers more cloud than Windows 8.1 did, does not mean that suddenly I like it more. And btw. the cloud service of Windows, OneDrive, is a different one compared to what Adobe Reader would use.
    Last edited by Joergi; 03 Sep 2015 at 18:33.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 609
    W10
       #7

    nosecureboot said:
    Also, Foxit Reader is just as bloated now...
    In what regard?
      My Computer

  8. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,139
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 20H2
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Joergi said:
    Functions like "Create PDF" or "Convert PDF to Word/Excel" basically only point to a "Pay me" function.



    Uploading to the cloud, well, uploads to the cloud. That kind of cloud integration has been extended with the new version. And just like you I don't want that. Only because Windows 10 now offers more cloud then Windows 8.1 did, does not mean that suddenly I like it more. And btw. the cloud service of Windows, OneDrive, is a different one compared to what Adobe Reader would use.
    Thanks for info. Thought adverts meant advertising. Yeah i knew extra functions would be at a cost, knew this from older versions.
    Used Version 11 in 8.1 and was more satisfied then using the Reader in 8.1 and that is same as suggested by nonsecureboot just before, as i read about it in the Store on Windows 10 now.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 73
    Windows
       #9

    Joergi said:
    In what regard?
    With time, almost every piece of software becomes bloated through adware, spyware, and unneeded functions that aren't included as optional plugins. Foxit Reader included, end of story. You can disagree, that's fine.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 609
    W10
       #10

    nosecureboot said:
    With time, almost every piece of software becomes bloated through adware, spyware, and unneeded functions that aren't included as optional plugins. Foxit Reader included, end of story. You can disagree, that's fine.
    I don't disagree, I would only like to know, where Foxit Reader is bloated.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums