This folder keeps appearing


  1. Posts : 1,028
       #1

    This folder keeps appearing


    I have an empty folder named .ms-ad, that keeps appearing in my users folder. It seems like its related to adobe. If i delete it, it will simply reappear again. Is there a way to delete it permanently?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 19,866
    Win 10 Home ♦♦♦19045.2546 (x64) [22H2]
       #2

    Cerawy said:
    I have an empty folder named .ms-ad, that keeps appearing in my users folder. It seems like its related to adobe. If i delete it, it will simply reappear again. Is there a way to delete it permanently?


    Topic: New .ms-ad folder created in User account @ AskWoody
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,028
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thats strange, i dont have google chrome installed. What was the solution to prevent it from coming back again?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,802
    22H2 64 Bit Pro
       #4

    Cerawy said:
    Thats strange, i dont have google chrome installed. What was the solution to prevent it from coming back again?
    Read the rest of the page where it is suggested that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC creates it. Solution is uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (if installed).
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,596
    X
       #5

    Just ignore the folder. It (and many other folders) appear here and there ... with no ill effects. Ignore.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,028
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Callender said:
    Read the rest of the page where it is suggested that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC creates it. Solution is uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (if installed).
    It's not a solution, since i use the program.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,849
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #7

    If you don't need any bells and whistles then either Edge or Chrome are fine for opening PDFs. You don't need a bloated PDF viewer anymore.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,028
    Thread Starter
       #8

    eLPuSHeR said:
    If you don't need any bells and whistles then either Edge or Chrome are fine for opening PDFs. You don't need a bloated PDF viewer anymore.
    Yes, you are probably right. What are the reasons to use adobe's pdf viewer these days?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 191
    Windows 11 Home (x64) Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329
       #9

    If you really need a PDF reader that works like Adobe (which has been reported easy to hack) then check these out !
    Foxit PDF Reader.
    PDF Reader Pro.
    PDF Reader.
    FineReader PDF for Windows and Mac.
    PDFlite.
    File Viewer Plus 3.
    File Viewer Lite.
    FreeFileViewer.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,028
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Thanks, but im not interested in using any of those programs.

    I'd still like to have the problem solved though.
    Last edited by Cerawy; 08 Dec 2022 at 10:59.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums