Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    20 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10

    Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10


    I am unable to install the .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 10 box. I tried enabling it through Programs and Features, I tried enabling and installing through DISM, I tried SFC /scannow. Everything is failing. Mostly I get error code 0x800736B3 saying that "The referenced assembly is not installed on your system". Sometimes I get Error 14003. I obviously need .NET due to many apps needing it to run. This is a brand new system. What can I try?

    Thanks guys,
    Peter
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    20 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    20 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Thanks man. I've seen this doc and tried all methods but all failed. The error codes they have are different than mine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,496
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by uvdevnull View Post
    Thanks man. I've seen this doc and tried all methods but all failed. The error codes they have are different than mine.
    Don't know if it makes a difference but, you could try invoking it from Settings►System►Apps & features►Manage optional features►Add a feature.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    21 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    California
    Posts : 203
    Kernel 4.x.x

    Can you define for me what you mean when you say: "A brand new system"

    Is it a fresh installation of Windows 10, or a freshly upgraded Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows?
    Is this a brand new computer that came preinstalled with Windows 10?



    Hopefully I can help if I can understand exactly what state your OS is in.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    21 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydranix View Post
    Can you define for me what you mean when you say: "A brand new system"

    Is it a fresh installation of Windows 10, or a freshly upgraded Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows?
    Is this a brand new computer that came preinstalled with Windows 10?

    Hopefully I can help if I can understand exactly what state your OS is in.
    It's a fresh install, not upgrade. The computer did not come with Windows 10, I installed it myself, wiping the existing Windows 7 install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    21 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Don't know if it makes a difference but, you could try invoking it from Settings►System►Apps & features►Manage optional features►Add a feature.
    Thanks Edwin. Going through that, I only get different languages in optional features.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by uvdevnull View Post
    Thanks man. I've seen this doc and tried all methods but all failed. The error codes they have are different than mine.
    YW, a lot of times this gets installed by a software, how i usually get it on my system, game use it a lot too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    21 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    YW, a lot of times this gets installed by a software, how i usually get it on my system, game use it a lot too.
    The apps I tried that need it don't actually include it, they only tell the system they need it which then launches the Windows installer. Btw, what does "YW" mean?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    21 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by uvdevnull View Post
    The apps I tried that need it don't actually include it, they only tell the system they need it which then launches the Windows installer. Btw, what does "YW" mean?
    YW, Your Welcome ! A lot of times my games will require it and Windows downloads and installs it, happened for me after installing a game after the upgrade, done this on Windows 8.1 for me to.Saying the game did not actually have it either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Net 3.5 framework, cannot install 0x800F081F.
Hello everyone! I tried everything that can be found on the internet, i tried to download from microsoft website, no luck, tried the offline install with the win 10 installer, nothing worked. I really need a fix, so please try to help me! :(
Software and Apps
Unable to install framework 3.5, error 0x800736B3
Hi! I just do clean install windows 10 and unable to install net framework 3.5 it give an error 0x800736B3 "The referenced assembly is not installed on your system" , I did try to enable group policy setting that I read from microsoft helper but...
Software and Apps
Unable to install visual studio, required .net framework.
I'm trying to install visual studio community 2015, however it has an error '.net framework required for setup'. Tried installing .net framework 4.5 but it is stated that 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is already a part of this operating system. ...
Software and Apps
Solved Unable to install windows 10
Hi I get the error message: "Windows 10 couldn't be installed - We couldn't update the system reserved partition". Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks.
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums