Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    20 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Humberside
    Posts : 2
    Windows

    Photos


    Does W10 photo app have a facility to upload from scanner ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,159
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Davord View Post
    Does W10 photo app have a facility to upload from scanner ?
    There's Scanner App that works fine. Photo App doesn't store anything it just displays pictures.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    21 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Humberside
    Posts : 2
    Windows
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    There's Scanner App that works fine. Photo App doesn't store anything it just displays pictures.
    I can scan a picture using my printer software, but in W7 I could upload pics from a scanner directly whilst in the
    picture gallery W10 does not give me that option, only upload from camera. When I want to upload from scanner, it gives me the message that "no device" is connected. Perhaps W10 has taken a backward step ? Thanks For your reply.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    There's Scanner App that works fine. Photo App doesn't store anything it just displays pictures.
    Hello, if I may intrude briefly, is there a way to store somewhere else the Photo App display of the pictures (so enlarged!) so as not to have them slap you on the face when you open it? Thanks so much! Adela

    P.S. BTW, you wouldn't happen to know why I can't email pictures in W10? Could it be that since I don't like Photo App and went and tried to use Photo Gallery, perhaps between the two didn't let me email the photos? Thanks for any ideas!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    02 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,799
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.19

    Quote Originally Posted by Adela
    Hello, if I may intrude briefly, is there a way to store somewhere else the Photo App display of the pictures (so enlarged!) so as not to have them slap you on the face when you open it? Thanks so much! Adela
    Photos are stored in the Pictures folder of your PC. As was explained in an earlier post the Photo App does not store pictures it only displays them.

    I think the sort of display you were expecting is the one you see when you open the Pictures folder in File Explorer. See an example below:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-02.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	321.7 KB 
ID:	62010
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    02 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,159
    W10 Insider + Linux

    I send all my pictures, from whatever application/program to dedicated folder on one of secondary disks. That way I always know where to find them and will not disappear if system disk goes bad.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    02 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    Photos are stored in the Pictures folder of your PC. As was explained in an earlier post the Photo App does not store pictures it only displays them.

    I think the sort of display you were expecting is the one you see when you open the Pictures folder in File Explorer. See an example below:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-02.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	321.7 KB 
ID:	62010
    Thank you Philc, I referred to the personal pictures on the black background screen of the W10 Photo App. All of my VERY enlarged pictures are there on my face when I open it. Is there a way to put them neatly somewhere rather than just spread out as they are? thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Feb 2016 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I send all my pictures, from whatever application/program to dedicated folder on one of secondary disks. That way I always know where to find them and will not disappear if system disk goes bad.
    Great idea! I guess I'll have to do that. I haven't used the computer disk since I bought it a few years ago! lol! But I hear the disks can go bad and lose all its content. How do you cope with that? Oh perhaps you do that as a duplicate no?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    02 Feb 2016 #9
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,799
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.19

    Quote Originally Posted by Adela
    Thank you Philc, I referred to the personal pictures on the black background screen of the W10 Photo App. All of my VERY enlarged pictures are there on my face when I open it. Is there a way to put them neatly somewhere rather than just spread out as they are? thanks again.
    Well if you just want the pictures to go away from view click on the date and then all you will see is a list of dates showing when your pictures were taken.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-02 (4).png 
Views:	2 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	62069
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    02 Feb 2016 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10

    Oh lol! well, yes, I think it's more likely as I can always click on the dates to bring on the photos as needed, right? Thanks so much! I'll see how it works for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
photos app
the photos app keeps closing every time I try to open it. How can i fix this?
Software and Apps
Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others
This is driving me crazy. I have PhotoShop which runs fine under win10 bty BUT I really like the little Photos app for quick editing however. It doesn't work all the time. The app itself never fails to launch but with about half of the pictures...
Software and Apps
Upload photos onto a website
How do I upload photos onto an ad on a website please.
General Support
Accidently deleted the Photos app
Hi, I seem to have deleted the photo app from the apps screen, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to get it back, I have looked everywhere and can't find it. Cheers Shane.
General Support
Organising Photos
Within my pictures folder I have numerous sub folders, all full of jpegs, MP4, etc. I want all the files from all of the sub folders in a new "All Pictures" folder. Basically I want the files but not the folders before I start dealing with...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums