Microsoft 2002 Word SP3 App


  1. Posts : 11
    windows 10
       #1

    Microsoft 2002 Word SP3 App


    it used to work in win 7, not now.
    problems opening and saving files
    dialog boxes to ask for original disk
    That was 13 years ago, give me a break!
    Or was it just a clever ruse to get me to update to an OS that doesn't support my present Win 7 apps?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       #2

    Are you sure you don't mean MS 2003 Word SP3..?

    Nevermind I did not know there was a 2002 version. Have you tried doing a repair of it?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 11
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Gary said:
    Are you sure you don't mean MS 2003 Word SP3..?

    Nevermind I did not know there was a 2002 version. Have you tried doing a repair of it?
    No, is that your solution? Sounds weak at best. Trying to gain points with useless answers or are you going to tell me how to "do a repair to" Word 2002
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       #4

    amps9 said:
    No, is that your solution? Sounds weak at best. Trying to gain points with useless answers or are you going to tell me how to "do a repair to" Word 2002
    I have Used Office 2000, XP, 2003,2007, and now 2010. They all have a repair feature if you do not want to try it then don't. The choice is yours to make.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 609
    W10
       #5

    amps9 said:
    No, is that your solution? Sounds weak at best. Trying to gain points with useless answers or are you going to tell me how to "do a repair to" Word 2002
    Gary is right. If you have a better solution, please share it!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,219
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       #6

    From what I recall, the so-called "repair" option in MS Word applies to documents, not to the application. If the application won't run, or if it won't work properly, there's nothing you can do.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 609
    W10
       #7

    Mark Phelps said:
    From what I recall, the so-called "repair" option in MS Word applies to documents, not to the application. If the application won't run, or if it won't work properly, there's nothing you can do.
    I think Gary is speaking about the "Installation repair" feature, which you have under Control panel > Programs > Programs and Features > rightclick on Microsoft Office > Change.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums