permanently hide windowed application on startup

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. zebal's Avatar
    Posts : 904
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867)
       #11

    tententwenty said:
    that's the problem. I realise my custom buttons assigned hotkeys don't work if LogiOptions is not running on my taskbar.
    One solution is to:
    1. remove it from startup programs
    2. create shortcut icon on desktop (or anywhere else, it doesn't matter)
    3. assign custom KB shortcut key in shortcut properties that you made in step 2

    Next time you reboot, press KB shortcut if you want to open up LogiOptions interface.
      My Computer

  2. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,908
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #12

    You could experiment with this - (not tried it personally):
    How to Hide Running Windows Programs and Active Windows - Make Tech Easier
    Last edited by dalchina; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:09.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 46
    Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.572
    Thread Starter
       #13

    dalchina said:
    You could experiement with this - (not tried it personally):
    How to Hide Running Windows Programs and Active Windows - Make Tech Easier
    this was released in 2009 and now it doesn't launch properly..

    - - - Updated - - -

    zebal said:
    One solution is to:
    1. remove it from startup programs
    2. create shortcut icon on desktop (or anywhere else, it doesn't matter)
    3. assign custom KB shortcut key in shortcut properties that you made in step 2

    Next time you reboot, press KB shortcut if you want to open up LogiOptions interface.
    I want to keep it running in the background, so it won't make sense with step 1??
      My Computer

  4. zebal's Avatar
    Posts : 904
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867)
       #14

    tententwenty said:
    I want to keep it running in the background, so it won't make sense with step 1??
    If LogiOptions doesn't give you that option trough interface then you'll have to find which process is starting LogiOptions and learn commanline parameters passed to LogiOptions.

    According to your taskbar screenshot there are multiple processes involved, please take a look into task scheduler and try to find logitech task there, if there is one it should have command line parameters which you can modify.

    Next step if this doesn't work, use autoruns to see which process is responsible for startup.
    double click on startup item and it will open up registry editor that will lead you straight to registry value which you can investigate on how to modify executable startup parameters.

    If not working next use process monitor to learn the same - command line parameters and investigate how to modify them if possible.
      My Computer

  5. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,908
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #15

    Thank you for your reply.

    More you can try - again, not tried.
    8 Tools to Stealth or Hide Running Program from Appearing in Taskbar or Traybar • Raymond.CC
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 46
    Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.572
    Thread Starter
       #16

    dalchina said:
    Thank you for your reply.

    More you can try - again, not tried.
    8 Tools to Stealth or Hide Running Program from Appearing in Taskbar or Traybar • Raymond.CC
    I just tried all of them. unfortunately, none of them can permanently & automatically hide the app on startup. I don't want to press my hotkey every time I boot up my PC just to hide the app.....

    - - - Updated - - -

    zebal said:
    If LogiOptions doesn't give you that option trough interface then you'll have to find which process is starting LogiOptions and learn commanline parameters passed to LogiOptions.

    According to your taskbar screenshot there are multiple processes involved, please take a look into task scheduler and try to find logitech task there, if there is one it should have command line parameters which you can modify.

    Next step if this doesn't work, use autoruns to see which process is responsible for startup.
    double click on startup item and it will open up registry editor that will lead you straight to registry value which you can investigate on how to modify executable startup parameters.

    If not working next use process monitor to learn the same - command line parameters and investigate how to modify them if possible.
    can you explain specifically how to hide windows to tray using command line if it is not natively supported in the first place?
      My Computer

  7. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 7,424
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 20H2 Build 19042.868
       #17

    tententwenty said:
    can you explain specifically how to hide windows to tray ... if it is not natively supported in the first place?
    I have never found any means of doing so.
    - I searched extensively and also asked about the subject here in TenForums.
    I no longer believe any solution exists.

    Denis
    Last edited by Try3; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:01.
      My Computer

  8. zebal's Avatar
    Posts : 904
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867)
       #18

    tententwenty said:
    can you explain specifically how to hide windows to tray using command line if it is not natively supported in the first place?
    1. Right click on Windows button and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)"
    2. If prompted for password, enter administrator password and click "Yes" to continue
    3. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter to execute:
    Code:
    Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" -Name LogiOptions | Out-File $env:SystemDrive\logioptions.log
    4. This will create file called "logioptions.log" in your C:\ drive, please share it here by attaching to your new post.
      My Computer

  9. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 7,424
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 20H2 Build 19042.868
       #19

    tententwenty said:
    can you explain specifically how to hide windows to tray ... if it is not natively supported in the first place?
    zebal said:
    1. Right click on Windows button and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)"
    2. If prompted for password, enter administrator password and click "Yes" to continue
    3. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter to execute:
    Code:
    Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" -Name LogiOptions | Out-File $env:SystemDrive\logioptions.log
    4. This will create file called "logioptions.log" in your C:\ drive, please share it here by attaching to your new post.
    What am I not seeing here? That does not seem to be a response to the OP's question.

    Denis
      My Computer

  10. zebal's Avatar
    Posts : 904
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867)
       #20

    Try3 said:
    What am I not seeing here? That does not seem to be a response to the OP's question.
    I attempted to reproduce problem that the OP is describing.
    Installed LogiOption program into VM to see how to enable\disable LogiOptions from appearing on startup.

    My test was success, do you have LogiOptions installed? maybe you can reproduce same as I did?

    - - - Updated - - -

    btw. I didn't share possible solution because that depends on the output of the previous command.

    Basically a switch that should disable maximized window is called /noui
    If you don't have that switch the solution that worked in my test is this:

    Code:
    Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" -Name LogiOptions -Value $($Data + " /noui")
    Where the variable $Data is output of the previous command if there is no switch specified.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums