Windows 10: Latest version of Java Solved

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

  1. Posts : 12,022
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       20 Apr 2016 #51

    All good thank you Cliff

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-04.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	75735
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    20 Apr 2016 #52

    Thanks @Cliff S I just got the JDK version..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 15,379
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       20 Apr 2016 #53

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Thanks @Cliff S I just got the JDK version..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    20 Apr 2016 #54

    Changing the option to suppress offers just hides them, or disables them? Do they install with out user input or are they blocked?

    Also, I seem to have the previous one still on my hdd...


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	75824

    Going here just says I have the latest installed.

    Verify Java Version
    Edit: Now it says it found the older version. The only thing that I did was enable the suppression option. Do I let it uninstall it? Or can I use CCleaner to remove it?


    And are these the default settings?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	75825
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard04.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	75827
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	75826
    Last edited by possom2009; 20 Apr 2016 at 15:31.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 15,379
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       20 Apr 2016 #55

    Suppressing offers, disables them.

    You only need update JAVA through it's own updater(if it hasn't already informed you there is an update), no need to go to the site to download anything.
    The version checker , is not that great a tool. First of all, you need to have JAVA's addons turned on when you run it, second , it always say's you have an old version(on the initial popup), until you run the tool.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    20 Apr 2016 #56

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Suppressing offers, disables them.

    You only need update JAVA through it's own updater(if it hasn't already informed you there is an update), no need to go to the site to download anything.
    The version checker , is not that great a tool. First of all, you need to have JAVA's addons turned on when you run it, second , it always say's you have an old version(on the initial popup), until you run the tool.
    Used CCleaner to remove old version. So, those images in my previous post show the default settings right?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 15,379
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       20 Apr 2016 #57

    You do not need to remove the old version yourself usually, the installer does it for you.
    Here is my Reliability History, it shows that Update 77 was removed:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	75853

    The settings in your screenshot are exactly the same as mine are
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    20 Apr 2016 #58

    Cliff S said: View Post
    You do not need to remove the old version yourself usually, the installer does it for you.
    Here is my Reliability History, it shows that Update 77 was removed:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	75853

    The settings in your screenshot are exactly the same as mine are
    I had both the previous version and current version installed. Not sure why it wasn't removed upon updating. So I just uninstalled it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 15,379
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       20 Apr 2016 #59

    possom2009 said: View Post
    I had both the previous version and current version installed. Not sure why it wasn't removed upon updating. So I just uninstalled it.
    If it didn't automatically uninstall, that was a good idea then(Computer Safety 1st)
    Personally I don't use JAVA in my browser, I have it for some things in LibreOffice.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    20 Apr 2016 #60

    Cliff S said: View Post
    If it didn't automatically uninstall, that was a good idea then(Computer Safety 1st)
    Personally I don't use JAVA in my browser, I have it for some things in LibreOffice.
    I only need it for JDownloader and some editing programs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Related Threads
Latest Version of Malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Latest Version of Malwarebytes Released Malwarebytes Component Package Update 1.0.141 Released on June 6th 2017. (Release notes not available yet) See: Malwarebytes 3 - Malwarebytes Forums Version 3.1.2.1733 Release Date: May 10th 2017
Latest CCleaner Version Released in Software and Apps
Latest CCleaner Version Released CCleaner 5.31.6105 Release Date: June 13th 2017 CCleaner Download Link Be sure to look at the Install Options to uncheck what you do not want to be installed along with CCleaner.
Solved Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
89528 Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Stand Alone Beta Latest beta version 1.09.1.1410 / 12 May 2017 Download page*** Changelog: Fix for a False positive with WMI protection Fix for an ASLR block with MS Office due to a conflict with...
Latest version of Avast Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Latest Version of Avast Antivirus Released WHQL Version: 17.3.2291 (free version) Release Date: March 30th 2017 Release Notes What's fixed:
Both are turned off in Programs and Features>Features and when I try to turn them on I get this: 13110 Seems to relate to Net Framework 3.5.1 so I installed it but it won't help. XPS Printer doesn't appear in Devices, so I installed it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18.
Find Us