Windows 10: Latest version of Java Solved

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 28,803
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       21 Oct 2015 #11

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Do you have Ccleaner? try that if you do. Also check here:
    Attachment 43874
    I run CCleaner maybe 15 times during the day, mostly after being on the internet, it always removes tons of crap, but didn't seem to touch the java files.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 15,385
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       21 Oct 2015 #12

    The thing is, with me, I always keep JAVA turned off in my browser unless I absolutely need it for something specific(better security wise). I have it installed not for the browser, but for Macros in LibreOffice.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 28,803
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       21 Oct 2015 #13

    Cliff S said: View Post
    The thing is, with me, I always keep JAVA turned off in my browser unless I absolutely need it for something specific(better security wise). I have it installed not for the browser, but for Macros in LibreOffice.
    That's cool, you have already showed me different ways to remove the older files, other than manually, so Thanks for letting me know about those choices.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 15,385
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       21 Oct 2015 #14

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    That's cool, you have already showed me different ways to remove the older files, other than manually, so Thanks for letting me know about those choices.
    You're most welcome Mike
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       21 Oct 2015 #15

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Gary that's Java RE not JAVA, 2 different animals.

    I just checked.
    Attachment 43864



    This image say Java Runtime and I understand. The Java that I use is only a plug in for browsers and that is all I need it for. Are you saying that I should use Java????
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 15,385
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       21 Oct 2015 #16

    Gary said: View Post

    This image say Java Runtime and I understand. The Java that I use is only a plug in for browsers and that is all I need it for. Are you saying that I should use Java????
    Gary, personally I would never recommend running JAVA in the browser.
    But there are sites, such as for banks and older sites, that still need it.
    Like I said above, I keep mine turned off(except when I update it to check).
    The Runtime Environment comes with JAVA. Go ahead and use the built in updater, and you'll see 1.8.0_65 that is version 8 update 65.
    With JAVA there are different versions for the different Windows versions also.
    For the longest time, MajorGeeks and File Hippo were pushing Windows 8 JAVA versions on the Windows 7 crowed, which was totally wrong. Best is, to go to the links, I have in the first post, to verify your version, then update, if you need to, through the JAVA control panel.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       21 Oct 2015 #17

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Gary, personally I would never recommend running JAVA in the browser.
    But there are sites, such as for banks and older sites, that still need it.
    Like I said above, I keep mine turned off(except when I update it to check).
    The Runtime Environment comes with JAVA. Go ahead and use the built in updater, and you'll see 1.8.0_65 that is version 8 update 65.
    With JAVA there are different versions for the different Windows versions also.
    For the longest time, MajorGeeks and File Hippo were pushing Windows 8 JAVA versions on the Windows 7 crowed, which was totally wrong. Best is, to go to the links, I have in the first post, to verify your version, then update, if you need to, through the JAVA control panel.
    Thanks Cliff, all I ever used was Java JRE. I found the download for it, so I will try it.

    I installed it. @Cliff S I do not need a 64 Bit version as well do I??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    21 Oct 2015 #18

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Do you have Ccleaner? try that if you do.
    CCleaner only removes temporary files, cached files and so. But it does not delete program files. Same for the clean up option in the Java options.

    In fact, the uninstaller has only removed itself, but not the Java program: The entry for the 60 update no longer was in the list of installed programmes inside the control panel. But the program files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_60\ all were still there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 15,385
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       21 Oct 2015 #19

    Joergi said: View Post
    CCleaner only removes temporary files, cached files and so. But it does not delete program files. Same for the clean up option in the Java options.

    In fact, the uninstaller has only removed itself, but not the Java program: The entry for the 60 update no longer was in the list of installed programmes inside the control panel. But the program files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_60\ all were still there.
    Have you tried JavaRA?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    21 Oct 2015 #20

    I have removed the old folder by deleting it after I checked that there were no entries pointing to it inside the registry. The 60 update in fact had still been registered as an available Java version. I have removed this registration as well. Apart from that I removed old installation files of the 60 update - the usual stuff, which every Java update leaves behind.

    I guess the old version is cleanly gone - but the uninstaller did not work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Latest Version of Malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Latest Version of Malwarebytes Released Malwarebytes Component Package Update 1.0.141 Released on June 6th 2017. (Release notes not available yet) See: Malwarebytes 3 - Malwarebytes Forums Version 3.1.2.1733 Release Date: May 10th 2017
Latest CCleaner Version Released in Software and Apps
Latest CCleaner Version Released CCleaner 5.31.6105 Release Date: June 13th 2017 CCleaner Download Link Be sure to look at the Install Options to uncheck what you do not want to be installed along with CCleaner.
Solved Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
89528 Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Stand Alone Beta Latest beta version 1.09.1.1410 / 12 May 2017 Download page*** Changelog: Fix for a False positive with WMI protection Fix for an ASLR block with MS Office due to a conflict with...
Latest version of Avast Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Latest Version of Avast Antivirus Released WHQL Version: 17.3.2291 (free version) Release Date: March 30th 2017 Release Notes What's fixed:
Both are turned off in Programs and Features>Features and when I try to turn them on I get this: 13110 Seems to relate to Net Framework 3.5.1 so I installed it but it won't help. XPS Printer doesn't appear in Devices, so I installed it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49.
Find Us