Windows 10: Weather app in notification area Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    18 Aug 2015 #11

    Here you go
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weather notification.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	32261
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Aug 2015 #12

    Do you have any weather related apps listed under Notifications & Action settings | Show Notifications from these apps? How about if you click the Turn system icons on or off? How about under Select which icons appear on the taskbar?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Aug 2015 #13

    Nothing like weather is enabled and I have checked all them as well
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2
    W10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.29)
       17 Dec 2015 #14

    Supernova99 said: View Post
    Nothing like weather is enabled and I have checked all them as well
    Hi.
    Did you ever resolve this?
    I have run the same checks and double checks as you and I still have this issue.

    Annoying icon:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10_weather 1.PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	54078

    Annoying icon (moused over):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10 weather 2 crop.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	344.2 KB 
ID:	54079

    After "left clicking":

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10 weather 3 crop.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	54080

    I live hundreds of miles away from Newport (any of them!) and - whilst I could change the default town/city - I don't like something like this appearing unexpectedly AND not capable of being easily "killed".

    Any/all help gratefully received.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    17 Dec 2015 #15

    yeehar said: View Post
    Hi.
    Did you ever resolve this?
    I have run the same checks and double checks as you and I still have this issue.

    Annoying icon:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10_weather 1.PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	54078

    Annoying icon (moused over):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10 weather 2 crop.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	344.2 KB 
ID:	54079

    After "left clicking":

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10 weather 3 crop.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	54080

    I live hundreds of miles away from Newport (any of them!) and - whilst I could change the default town/city - I don't like something like this appearing unexpectedly AND not capable of being easily "killed".

    Any/all help gratefully received.
    Yes it looks like I had installed a rogue piece of software which installed this. I used Malwarebytes to uninstall it
    It was a program called WeatherTool by OpenCandy
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 2
    W10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.29)
       17 Dec 2015 #16

    Supernova99 said: View Post
    Yes it looks like I had installed a rogue piece of software which installed this. I used Malwarebytes to uninstall it
    It was a program called WeatherTool by OpenCandy
    Thanks.

    That was it. Malwarebytes found and removed them.

    FWIW I think I must've let this slip through when installing ImgBurn. Losing my touch in my old age...

    Thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    14 Jan 2016 #17

    How?


    How i do to the weather app appear in notification area?? is a specific app?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Performance & Maintenance Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 in Tutorials
How to Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app and system icons that provide status and notifications about things like incoming email, updates, and network...
As stated in title - no battery icon when not plugged in - and no battery/power icon when plugged in - also no locations icon. I do not care much about the locations one, but the battery one is pretty much vital. 26686 Going into "Turn system...
How to Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app icons that provide status and notifications about things like incoming email, updates, and...
I upgraded my computer from W8.1 to W10 recently. I used my taskbar on the left side with the minimum width possible. After upgrading, I noticed that my notiication area icons were all in the same column instead of being spread over two columns as...
I have three monitors.....I can get the task bar on all three but can only get the notification bar or pane on the one on the right.....how do I get it on all three so I can shut off one or too? I'm guessing the notification pane is what I'm...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.
Find Us